PDA

View Full Version : Niner Update --- 07-17-13

Niner
07-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Well......here it is, right at the two-year mark since I was diagnosed.

We went out to MDA for my quarterly checkups. Had the standard day full of X-Rays, CT Scans, and MRI... and a bone density test. Had a most excellent and unexpected turn of events at the MRI. The docs had changed the "protocol" for the test and it "ONLY" took and hour and a half instead of three hours. Still a long test, but much better for me.

After the barrage of tests, I had various doctor appointments. When we saw both the oncologist, and the neurosurgeon, we knew right away the news was going to be good. They both came into their exam rooms grinning from ear to ear. Absolutely NO signs of tumor regrowth anywhere, AND my hardware is looking just fine!! In fact, my oncologist said he thinks I am looking better than I was the first time he saw me back when this ordeal was just beginning.
:headbang

I also had an appointment with my "bone doctor". ONE of the reasons they are thinking the original hardware install might have failed was that I may have some kind of bone weakness disorder or somesuch. I've been taking calcium and vitamin D supplements since last year. The bone-scan this time showed that instead of loosing bone mass (which I had been) ... I am gaining bone mass....which is a good thing. They also have me on somekindofa shot that is supposed to reduce the chances of bone loss.

SO, I'm just continuing to get a little better every day in every way (and still living with a bit of pain on a daily basis).

I cannot TELL y'all how good it feels to get this kind of news from the doctors. Two years ago this seemed a LONG way away!!

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Good news is always welcome. Hows it going with regaining your strength? You doing squat thrusts and stuff yet?

BKB

Niner
07-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Ha! Not yet. I have started walking on the treadmill though. PT folks say that's the best way to build my stamina back.

Bwana
07-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Awesome news and VERY happy for you Bill!

Sunshine
07-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Yeaaahhhhh Niner.

Great news!!! Still saying prayers for ya.

****Happy Dance****

Captain
07-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Great news Conine....

Now if we can just get you up for a SC deer hunt... :-)
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Larke, put him out in a stand with Big Jim. That way he'll have a buddy heater when it's cold.

BKB

Big Muddy
07-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Great news, Niner!!! Now, go fishing!!! ;)

Captain
07-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Larke, put him out in a stand with Big Jim. That way he'll have a buddy heater when it's cold.

BKB

I know that's right!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
07-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Wow! Things are really sounding positive Mr. Crow9. Great news!

Arty
07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Good stuff man!

Buckrub
07-17-2013, 08:07 PM
You my Amazing Guy, man. You are.

Fido
07-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Go K-9 You made my day Bill!!!

Chicken Dinner
07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Terrific news!

TeeDub
07-21-2013, 07:46 PM
That's fantastic Bill! Congratulations. All the hard work , posiitive attitude and fighting back has paid off. Congratulations!