PDA

View Full Version : Further apart than even seems possible

Buckrub
07-19-2013, 06:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/-obama--trayvon-martin-%E2%80%98could-have-been-me-35-years-ago%E2%80%99--180734663.html

Is he not just fanning the flames? Is there any logic anywhere, in anyone, including him, that says "Yes, if he'd had a gun he might have stood his ground, but this way he HAD NO HOPE WHATSOEVER OF DOING SO"?????

Is there any logic anywhere that says "If you are a perp, you pay, and no one gives a flip what color you are"???

He said "The jury has spoken" but that's not the same as DEMANDING that Jesse and Al and the Crowds STFU and go home, now is it?

Stating the obvious, sorry.........but we got no hope, man. None. It's all over but the shoutin'.

Buckrub
07-19-2013, 06:32 PM
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/07/21540-black-panthers-offer-10000-reward-for-killing-george-zimmerman/

Black Panthers filmed putting a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman's head. Why doesn't he decry that?

Gag me with a fork.

Thumper
07-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Sorry ... but that is one ignorant fucking nigger!

BTW ... where does this $10,000 figure come from? It's mentioned in the article. The interviewer mentions it. But I've listened to the clip a half dozen times and all I ever hear is that "next week" they'll be offering $1,000,000 ... as in One Million for the "capture" of George Zimmerman! I never saw or heard that $10,000 figure in his ignorant-assed tirade.

The dumbest thing of all ... when the "F" did Zimmerman become white? Are all non-blacks considered white? Are Asians white? Are Mexicans white? Are Samoans white? I don't get it. This asshole makes me want to puke.

Buckrub
07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
JIM!!!!

You're gonna get a visit if you keep that up. Folks here are gonna jump you a$$. You can't talk that way, man.

(Want me to buy you beer? Ha)

Buckrub
07-19-2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130717007-anchor-kids.html

White kids need to die in equal proportion to black kids, right?

Can this get any weirder?????

quercus alba
07-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Careful Jimbo, feller could lose his cooking show like that

Thumper
07-19-2013, 10:28 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think everyone here knows I'm probably one of the least prejudiced people you'd ever know ... BUT, here's my take:

There are blacks and there are whites ... there's no difference in my opinion.

On the flip side, there are niggers and there is white trash ... again, no difference in my opinion.

Right or wrong ... politically correct or not, that's just the way I see the world.

This dumbass is pure nigger. Sorry if that offends anybody. I'm too old to care these days.

Arty
07-19-2013, 10:33 PM
If this doesn't cool down I predict that I will be somewhere in north/central Florida with either thumpsky AND/OR (most likely AND) my best friend that lives in Brunswick marching like Jesse and Al .... But for different reasons.

This is insane.

Buncha fuckin lunatics!

Buckrub
07-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Has anyone noticed the moon lately? I mean, what is it?

I'm agreeing more and more with Posthole and Thumper lately. Geez. Did I get smarter, or them dumber, or did we meet in the middle, or what????

Buckrub
07-20-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm dumb, but I ain't dumb enough to make decisions based on mumbo jumbo and stars. I have been known to cast bones, mind you.......but not stars and planets. I mean WHICH ONES? There are Billions you can't even see. Why aren't they just as important?

You need to stop relying on silliness. That's my concerned and caring opinion. And if I'm wrong, how does it affect every single person the exact same way? That would make NO sense.

P.S.
I make major decisions daily. Even on cloudy days!

Buckrub
07-20-2013, 04:22 PM
It is invalid to be religious and superstitious at the same time. You have to pick only one.

Captain
07-20-2013, 06:15 PM
It is invalid to be religious and superstitious at the same time. You have to pick only one.

Nope you are dead wrong...
Religion is FULL of your beliefs, the same as superstition. So you can believe some of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
07-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Ha ha! Some people get grayer (or is it greyer?) as they grow older. I think Sunny gets blonder! :D

Buckrub
07-20-2013, 06:22 PM
It was just my opinion. Still is.

Buckrub
07-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Cappy, didn't mean to be snippy. I see your point.

I just believe (an opinion) that my religious beliefs have a foundation, a solid one. They are accepted as truth by a great many people. Superstition has no foundation in reality. It is a belief in not just that which has no foundation, but which cannot be proven using any generally accepted basis. We don't even all use the same calendar, the days are not the same for all people.

I BELIEVE that 2 plus 2 is 4, and that's a belief of mine. It turns out to be a true one. I have a basis for it. I do not think that divining certain days to be more or less capable of providing harm or good has any foundation in anything stable or generally accepted.

That's all I meant by this.

However, Sunny is free to believe that stuff, and to believe that it's science if she wants to, and I should have not said anything to her about it one way or the other. I just give my opinions on here, as do many folks, many times. I sure don't want to upset anyone.

Captain
07-20-2013, 06:49 PM
They are accepted as truth by a great many people.
Sounds just like superstition to me...

that my religious beliefs have a foundation, a solid one

Like someone parting the Sea with the wave of a staff, or someone turning into salt for looking at a burning bush? Those type solid foundations... Ok I get it now

Thumper
07-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Well dang! Cappy beat me to it ... although I didn't really expect a rebuttal from him on this.

This quote REALLY stands out ...

religious beliefs have a foundation, a solid one. They are accepted as truth by a great many people.

(note: the highlights are mine)

I'm not at all into superstition and hocus-pocus, but I really see no difference. People believe different things that can't be proven ... that doesn't make one right and one wrong ... in fact, BOTH can be wrong.

Buckrub
07-20-2013, 07:13 PM
I understand.

Captain
07-20-2013, 07:37 PM
I was just sticking up for Sunny...
And truly think people can believe what they want too.
These smokey mountain folk are as superstitious AND religious as they come in the world.
I personally an not at the least superstitious.

Captain
07-20-2013, 09:15 PM
That was my point Sunny you CAN believe both...
I personally don't believe in astrology at all but its wonderful that you believe in God and astrology.
Bucky said you could not do that you had to pick one. Which was pure poppycock to me.

quercus alba
07-20-2013, 11:30 PM
I agree with Bucky

(Deuteronomy 18:9-11)
When you enter the land which the Lord your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead" .

Isaiah 47:11-14
Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.

12 Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.

13 Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.

14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

2 Thessalonians 2:9
The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders,

Deuteronomy 18:9-12
“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

Jeremiah 10:2-3
Thus says the Lord:

“Learn not the way of the nations,
nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens
because the nations are dismayed at them,
3 for the customs of the peoples are vanity.[a]

Captain
07-21-2013, 08:37 AM
So all the superstitious but very religious folks in the Appalachian mountains are domed to hell. As well as all native Americans that now are Christians but hold on to their past beliefs too?
I don't believe that.

quercus alba
07-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Not me speaking Capn. Just a messenger. Man's got a right to believe what he wants, don't make it right tho. Lot's of folklore is spot on but when you replace the Word with folklore and superstitions, well, I think you're headed for trouble. The good Lord gave us sense enough to understand nature and use it to our advantage, not as an alternate to Him. Think of it as an aid, not an equal

Captain
07-21-2013, 09:18 AM
I never mentioned replacing the Word with superstition or folk lure. Bucky said you had to pick one, you could not be religious and superstitious at the same time and I called bullshit on it and still do.
If someone is very religious as you, me and many others but choose not to go do certain things on Friday the 13th, I don't think they will go to hell for it. If American Indians want to dance around a fire and chant the night before they go hunting or plant their crops, again I don't think they are going to hell.
If you do I'll respect your right to think that but not agree.
Again don't turn this into "Captain is OK with REPLACING religion with superstition" that is never what I said. I disagreed with Bucky saying you could not be religious and superstitious that you had to pick one.

quercus alba
07-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Captain, What we got here is... failure to communicate.

I think how the bible uses the word superstition and the way it is used today is the problem you and I have here.

KJV Dictionary Definition: superstitious
SUPERSTI'TIOUS, a. L. superstitiosus.
1. Over scrupulous and rigid in religious observances; addicted to superstition; full of idle fancies and scruples in regard to religion; as superstitious people.

Modern dictionary
American Heritage Dictionary:
su·per·sti·tion
(sū'pər-stĭsh'ən)n.
An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.

And no, I don't believe that wearing your lucky underwear on game day will send you to hell but I do think praying to the sun god before a hunt will.

Can't speak for Bucky but this is how I view it.

Captain
07-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Good cause I don't mind sharing space in Heaven with folks that don't step on sidewalk cracks, make an X on the windshield when a black cat crosses the road or has to leave a building out the same door they entered.... :D

Thumper
07-21-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't really think that's what the conversation was about Q/A. This whole discussion started out with Sunny proclaiming to be a "devout" Christian ... but also believing in ... or practicing a belief in astrology.

Then a remark were thrown out that she can't believe in both.

I think if she relied upon "praying to the sun gods" before a hunt, that would indicate she's not a Christian in the first place.

The thing with astrology ... some people believe the events of the day are directed by the stars due to the fact many predictions of future events (what will happen tomorrow) "seem" to come true. But if you pay close attention to the outcome ... it's really a bunch of malarkey. Say my daily horoscope tells me I'm going to come into some money today ... I may be inclined to run out and buy $100 in lotto tickets. Darn! I didn't win the lotto ... BUT, I found a quarter in the Walmart parking lot, so "the stars" were actually correct! Right? It's no more "accurate" than the little piece of paper in a Chinese fortune cookie. Confucius say, "I will have lucky day today". At the end of the day, nothing earth shattering happened, but I didn't get run over and killed by a truck, so I guess I really DID have a "lucky day".

I think the Bible works the same in a lot of ways. There are inconsistent passages in different books. There are passages that can be interpreted different ways to fit different scenarios. If one questions something, there's a passage that will "answer" that question. But if the opposite comes up tomorrow, there's another passage that will cover that particular scenario. Many times, you can bend the word of the Bible to mean whatever you want it to mean. The two "excuses" that drive me up the wall are the old tried and true, "Oh, you took that out of context ... it REALLY means this ... or that!" The one that really gets my goat is when there's a major conflict ... such as when a drunk driver hits a car head-on killing a pregnant mom and her 3 daughters, yet the drunk comes out of it unscathed. That's when you hear the old fallback (when there really is no plausible answer), "God works in mysterious ways".

I think there's room in this world for Christianity and a little star-gazing without one being condemned to Hell.