PDA

View Full Version : Wow

BarryBobPosthole
07-21-2013, 06:09 PM
It was raining when i got up this morning and pretty much rained all day. Not what we usually get in mid July in Oklahoma. It looks like Ireland here this summer.

Can I order up another one of these?

BKB

Captain
07-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Same here Posty! Another 2 inches last night.

I've NEVER seen it rain this much in my life. For the past 7 weeks we have had rain almost every day. We have tons of hay that needs mowing but cannot get in the field to cut it and dry it. Also there is winter wheat in the fields that are sprouting from the head. The fields are flooded and just big bogs. If it would dry enough to harvest wheat and sell for scrap and feed the farmers are going to have to spray round up first to kill all the grass and weeds that have grown up in the wheat fields.
This is very unusual here

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
07-21-2013, 10:12 PM
We're getting hammered as I type this. It's been a VERY wet summer so far.

Captain
07-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Here too... AGAIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HideHunter
07-22-2013, 08:55 AM
We're like you Sunny. Corn is trying to set kernels and this is a critical stage.. can't buy a rain.

Big Muddy
07-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Nothing but a rare sprinkle and 95 degrees here in dang near two months.

Thank God for irrigation pumps!!!

BarryBobPosthole
07-22-2013, 10:34 AM
A strange year for weather. We were right on the edge of another drought summer when this rain hit. And it was mainly in eastern Oklahoma although western oklahoma got soaked last week. I know around here, it was looking like only one cutting again this year and without grass they'd be feeding in September again the rate it was going. This will go a long way in helping those situations.
BKB