PDA

View Full Version : Game feed..

HideHunter
07-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Had some of the grandkids home this weekend. This time of year I make it a point to rearrange and clean out the freezer so something doesn't get "lost". They got to try raccoon, and rabbit - both of which were a hit. Oh - and deer steak and eggs for breakfast.

My daughter works in a big office and likes to tell her friends about her trips home. She mentioned she'd eaten bobcat and one of her friends asked if she was at a game feed. "Game feed", she said. "That's what we call supper at Dad's." :D

You can take the girl out of the country.... ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-22-2013, 10:32 AM
How does one cook a bobcat and what are the delectable parts?

BKB

Booger
07-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Pussy's still pussy. How it tastes depends on how good you clean it..........

Niner
07-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I hear it tastes about like owl.

HideHunter
07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Posthole - I peeled out the loins and boned out the back legs. There's a lot of "silver" in the hams much like a deer - but really tough.. I lightly seasoned a bit of the loin and sautéed it to see what the meat actually tasted like. It's mild - does have a distinct flavor. For "company" - I cleaned it all up - cut into medallions - pounded it out, breaded and fried. Everyone raved.

HideHunter
07-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Pussy's still pussy. How it tastes depends on how good you clean it..........

Memories.. There was an old boy who used to come into the tavern every morning for his eye-opener. His name was Jess and I'm guessing he was 90. As things were wont to do occasionally, the conversation turned to this subject. I made the comment. "Pussy's pussy.. hog, dog, or frog". Jess seemed to go into deep thought and someone finally asked, "What are you thinking Jess?" Jesse replied, "I ain't never tried no frog." Brought down the house. :D

Buckrub
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Joke:

Old timer was sitting at the mall, on one of those benches. Walking by was one of those skateboarders with fifteen bright colors of hair, and lots of it. Old man stopped him........and asked "Say, son, by chance did your mother live on a farm about 15 miles south of here at any time?"

The boy asked why the old man wanted to know that??

The old man said "Because one night about 14 years ago, I was through here and stopped at a tavern. A sweet lady took me home and we got high on various things, quite a few actually, and on a bet I made love to a peacock"............