PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Heart

Big Skyz
07-22-2013, 09:06 PM
My heart is very heavy right now, as it is with every member of my family. Today we had to put our family dog down after 10 perfect years. Many of you have met Taz in person. He was literally the perfect family dog. He never whined, he was very quiet unless there was an appropriate need to bark. He guarded us with every thing he had and loved us unconditionally. I love him more than most people on the planet, and this world would be a better place if more people had his traits. However even the perfect dog can't beat cancer once it decides it is going to take over. He died peacefully in my wife and I's arms. I'm not going to lie though, I'm going to be mess for a while...possibly a very long while. You dog people know what I'm feeling, and those of you that aren't, well it's not something I can explain.

Here is to you Taz, you're the best of the "best friend's" and man could ever hope to have.

HideHunter
07-22-2013, 09:31 PM
I'll raise a glass. Sometimes it seems I have dogs planted all over this farm. My condolences..

LW
07-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Oh geez. I'm sorry. Dogs are just generally superior in pretty much every sense of character to the human race.

Big Muddy
07-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Sky, you KNOW I'm a dog lover, too, so my thoughts go out to you and your family.

LJ3
07-22-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that news, Troy. I feel ya, my friend.

When I was packing up stuff and bringing it over to Lucia's, we were going thru a box of pictures and she pulled a big 8x10 pic of a great shot of my golden and youngest daughter. I broke down completely. Not even sure how long ago it was but it was at least 3 or 4 years ago. Seems like I miss my dog the most when life gets to be tough going. There's an unspeakable bond in that specific part of a relationship with a dog.

Sigh...

I hope you and your family can sit around and tell great stories about Taz for a long time to come.

Sunshine
07-23-2013, 02:54 AM
From Taz to you and your family:

Until We Meet Again

I’m sorry that I had to leave my spirit strong my body weak,
Here with God I’ll wait for you, meanwhile there's lots for me to do!
So many critters all around and people here are kind to me,
And I’m no longer feeling sick, in Heaven there’s no pain you see!

Please don’t be sad I had to go, cause I just couldn’t stay
I felt so sick and lousy so God called me home that day.
I didn’t want to leave you but I know you’ll be just fine
God told me that He loves you to He’s with you all the time!

I’ll stop in to see you to make sure that you are well
I know that you won’t see me but I know that you will tell
When my spirit is close by, you will sense that I am near
Know that I’ll be trying hard to lick away your tears!

I want you too be happy cause I love you oh so much
And I know that someday God will let me feel your loving touch
I’m safe and happy here and I’m in God’s loving hand
And the lions eat with lambs in this special promised land

I love you!

Inspired By Gracie, written by Karen Post

Thumper
07-23-2013, 05:48 AM
I read about it on your Facebook page but figured I'd comment here. I've had pets all my life ... dogs AND cats. They become part of the family and assume almost human traits after a while. It always hurts when you lose one and is not far from what I'd assume it's like to lose a child. Sorry for your loss Troy.

Captain
07-23-2013, 07:54 AM
So sorry to hear Taz passed on. That's a very difficult thing to go through for you and the family.
When our dog Jazz died Cheryl and I both decided not to get another one. It's plenty painful.
Sorry for y'all's loss
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
07-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Sorry for your loss. I was four years between my last dog and our new pup and don't think I could have done it much sooner.

Arty
07-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Sad news. Sorry to hear. They sure do become part of the family.
Whenever we take trips or leave home for more than a day, the wife, kids and I all start talking about getting home to see Maverick.
Can't imagine what we will do when that day comes.

jb
07-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Been there, done that, it's about the hardest thing to go through except losing a loved one.
My wife still tears up whenever she see's a big yellow lab on the street and it's been over 10 years since we lost ours.
Sorry to hear this.

johnboy
07-23-2013, 09:49 AM
I know exactly what you are feeling. My Bonnie died over a year ago and I still think of her every day. So sad when they die.

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Tough deal. Sorry to hear it, Troy.
BKB

Niner
07-23-2013, 10:14 AM
My heart goes out to you and you're family, Troy.
I know how y'all are feeling. Lost my lil Buddie in 2011, not long before I got sick. Still miss the lil rascal but, like Cap'n, I do not think I will be getting another doggie. My daughter is convinced that I NEEEEED one, but I keep telling her I'll just share hers and I'll doggie-sit from time to time for her.

Speaking of canine cancer.....I am pretty sure I've shared this on here before.
A couple of years ago, my daughter lost her Rottie to canine lymphoma and not long after that my sister lost her Great Pyrenees to bone cancer. I keep hearing more and more about folks loosing their dogs to cancer. I don't know if it is becoming more common, or if the vets are now able to diagnose it better.

Big Skyz
07-23-2013, 12:19 PM
One of the best things about this close knit site is how everyone rallies around each other when life kick's us to the ground. I'm not sure everyone knows just how much it means to me right now. Well maybe some of you do. Anyway, I just want you all to know that your words and support are very powerful and really do help.

Niner I couldn't agree with your tag line more. Cancer really does suck!

Buckrub
07-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Im' so sorry. This is why I don't own dogs anymore.