PDA

View Full Version : What is the saying about the blind pig?

Bwana
07-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Not sure what has happened to me when it comes to fishing but maybe things are turning around though I doubt it.

Anyway, as a kid growing up I always seemed to have pretty decent luck in the fishing department as long as you don't count the endless amount of knotted line I seem to be able to create simply my touching a fishing pole. Fast forward to recent history and my luck has changed for the worse, right when I wanted to show my kids how much fun fishing can be. Well I'm glad to report things have taken a turn for the better on our last two outings.

The first took place on Independence Day but that story will be in another post.

The other one took place this past weekend on the annual family get-together with my folks and my sister's family. Except for getting into some perch during last year's trip, fishing has been a pretty dismal affair during these camping trips but that changed last weekend. The ladies all headed to my cousin's wedding shower so we 6 guys (Dad, b-i-l, & nephew in one boat with my boy's & I in the other) headed out in search of some fish. I took them to a little bay I have fished with limited success in trips past to see what we could find. Well, we found some walleye and they were more then happy to take our offerings so we ended up with a limit in each boat and we must have thrown back or lost nearly as many at the boat. A great day of fishing to be sure!

Grandpa with my oldest and my nephew:

Of course we had to take the ladies out that evening but even though the fish weren't biting very well we had a great time on the water.

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Nice!

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Now those are some nice lookin' chickens. Bring on the cole slaw!
BKB

Buckrub
07-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Whew.............please tell me you fried them in stuff that didn't contain flour............. :)

Bwana
07-24-2013, 11:56 PM
I didn't fry them in nothing as I'm allergic and can't even eat fish.

The kids like turning them into poor man's lobster by drying the fillets, salting them down, and the boiling them in a 50/50 mixture of water and 7-up followed by a dip in melted butter.