PDA

View Full Version : Interesting info for you Nascar fans

Buckrub
07-23-2013, 10:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/espn-turner-drop-nascar-coverage-183029494--nascar.html

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm glad to see this. I'm not too keen on the ESPN coverage of NASCAR.
BKB

Buckrub
07-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Or anything else, I'd wager.

BarryBobPosthole
07-23-2013, 10:10 PM
I think FOX does the best overall job in almost all sports coverage. The talking heads part is a tossup and I don't watch it.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2013, 05:51 AM
I'd bet my paycheck they'd switch to football in a New York minute. It's a no-brainier. If you want to see the end of the race, you'd better have cable and be able to switch over to CNBC...

Thumper
07-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Hmmmm, I also like FOX's coverage the best and I see a possible conflict with NBC and Sprint Cup coverage. I'll admit, it's a worst case scenario, but a possibility IMHO. ESPN only covers the last half of the NASCAR season (I think Turner only covers a couple of races and ABC has Charlotte). But ... ESPN covers the last few months of NASCAR season which is also the first part of the NFL football season. NBC's "Sunday Night Football" is their highest rated show. Now, say there's a rain delay or a major red flag delay of some sort at Texas or Phoenix and they have to finish "under the lights". Is NBC going to cut-away to it's highly lucrative football coverage or stick with the race to the end? Will we have to watch the 11:00 news to see a clip of the last 10 seconds of the race to see who won?

Thumper
07-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Sorry CD ... I went back to edit and accidentally deleted my first post. That kinda left yours hangin' and out of order. I'm with you on the football thing.