PDA

View Full Version : A Bumpy Night

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Got some major limbs down in my front yard. 80 mph straight winds with some huge thunderboomers late last night. Over 100,000 without power in the area. I think there's a school on fire down in Tulsa. Was up till midnight thirty till they blew through. Not sure why or what I'd have done but I'm like my old man, I just gotta watch the clouds when its storming. Its the male thing to do I guess.
anyway, with two days left before my Canada trip, I now have some chain saw work to do. Just watch. it'll be 98 today.
Thanks, Mother Nature!
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
More like pissing and moaning that bitching, Sunny.

BKB

Buckrub
07-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Add +1.

I love storms. I hate what they do to folks and property, but I like watching them.

Oh, and the guy that owns the dictionary always wins every argument. :)

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Deracho!

Buckrub
07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Derecho

BarryBobPosthole
07-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Bucky don't need no translator. He just needs something besides a transmit only radio!

And I got that little chore licked in the heat of the damned day. I did end up with a nice pile of seasoned pecan for the smoker cut into the right size since one of the big limbs that's down was an old dead limb from the ice storm that I've been wishing would fall for a few years now before it conked one of us on the head. Losing half of that big red maple was a heartbreaker though. My favorite trees in the fall. I think it'll live and that'll teach it to grow two damned trunks I guess.

BKB