PDA

View Full Version : Hey Phole....on a scale of 1 to 10....

Big Muddy
07-27-2013, 05:45 PM
I'll give your WD-40 on carpet stains a 1000!!!!

Followed your directions, but then wet the carpet down with mild solution of Dawn detergent, and let it sit for about 20 minutes.

Hosed it all down, and it looks great, after drying!!!

I would never have thought WD-40 would be suitable for carpet.

Thanks my friend!!!

Big Muddy
07-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Sunny, I had your hairspray idea handy, just in case the WD40 didnt work.

Thanks.

Arty
07-28-2013, 06:53 AM
I would have never thought of WD-40.
That's good info!

Thumper
07-28-2013, 08:21 AM
I've read a long list of the magical things you can do with WD40, but never think about it when one of those situations come up and usually go to some more conventional remedy. It's hard to wrap my head around spraying an "oily" lubricant onto an oil stain to remove it.

Big Muddy
07-28-2013, 09:25 AM
These pics really don't do justice to the end results.
The stains were really ugly. Ground-in axle grease that one of my big-footed grandkids tracked along the entire length of the center aisle.
And, the good part is how really easy the job was, too. No scrubbing, at all.
Just let the WD40 do all the work. Spray on some Dawn detergent solution for the rinse, and hose it all down.
That's it!!!

HideHunter
07-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Good deal eddie.. and good tip Posthole. I don't think it's been mentioned - though you probably all know it - supposedly the "base" for WD is fish oil. I know guys who have actually sprayed it on rubber worms and caught catfish.

Thumper
07-28-2013, 10:39 AM
I've seen that myownfineself HH. I'd forgotten all about it. An old-timer I used to fish with sprayed WD40 on any lure he used from rubber worms to Rapallas. He passed away about 15 years ago, but I've spent a lot of hours in a boat with him and he swore by it. Thanks for the memory.