PDA

View Full Version : This place has been boring lately!

Thumper
07-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Sooooo, I may as well see how badly I can bore youse dufes even more. Why? Because I'm bored to a certain extent myownfineself and don't want to be alone. ;)

I'm staying as active as possible under the circumstances, but man-o-man, I REALLY miss the overseas travel and hanging with old friends ... especially some of the old military/intel. connections. Heck, even many who are military or intel, but not a part of OUR military or intel. community ... ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkthatyoudo.

I just really enjoy knowing and discussing things that the general population knows nothing, or very little about. I really enjoy Thailand because I've maintained close relationships with friends who are/were "in the biz" so to speak ... both foreign and American. I miss the excitement of international travel and especially going places I probably shouldn't go. BUT ... I'm getting old and worn out and am now not physically able to do some of the things I love to do.

Enough of that ... I'm doing nothing here but feeling sorry for myself. What got me thinking about all of this is a video a friend sent me recently. It reminded me of a buddy I worked (and partied) with back in the early 70's. He was "CIA" but worked for a division called DP (Directorate of Plans). I remember one night he told me he was no longer with DP and was now with DO (Directorate of Operations). Same unit ... just a simple name change. We had a beer and joked about his "change of companies". To make a long story short, this unit of the CIA dealt with covert ops (don't they all?) and focused on many things ... but this dufe was an expert on "economic" covert actions. I won't get into all the stories and the things we/they dealt with, I simply mentioned this because I was reminded of this guy after seeing this video.

Al-Qaeda can cause a LOT of disruption to our economy. Economic warfare, which is what my old buddy above specialized in, can be CHEAP warfare ... and face it, our economy is pretty fragile right now already. What could be easier than striking a man (country) when he's already "down"? Think of it ... what is the price of a match? How much can one little burning match cost our government? Interesting thought.

Warning: This is long (almost 9 mins) and may bore many of you ... but it's something to think about. We need our brains stimulated around this joint. :D

Note: It gets kinda interesting around the 6 1/2 minute mark ... (to me anyway).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SFHM0rd9cX8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fido
07-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Good video Jim!

Buckrub
07-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Nah. We don't. I stimulate enough brains, and there's no interest. We just want to be a mundane, bland, little old corner of the internet where we don't talk politics, religion, sports, regions, or anything controversial. That's just us.

The Apathy Internet Users Group.

I'd go view your video, but.......well, I just don't seem to care enough. :wink-new::friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink: