PDA

View Full Version : Here I go, off in the Wild Blue Yonderrrrrrrrrr

Buckrub
08-01-2013, 04:15 PM
OK.

Mother had her cataract surgery this morning. that's over, she's ok but healing a bit slowly. She (and me) don't tolerate anesthetic too well. That's one eye down.

Sidebar: I'm PISSED OFF that I can't have cataracts. I wish they were contagious. That is the ONLY surgery that they have that will fix my eyesight where I could get rid of glasses........Lasik won't fix far sightedness. But I ain't got 'em yet, dang it.

Anyway, we leave on the 8th to go meet the new grandson in South Carolina (he's now there 'permanently'....having a few issues but it'll work out eventually). We may be gone a month. Heads up, we are probably taking two vehicles since Grandma will stay until she's no longer needed (I predict at least a month, maybe more), but I am coming home after a couple of weeks. I would like to see CO9 and Ed on the way home, but may not get to.

So, we have persackly about 6 days to camp starting tomorrow, and we do NOT have time to do this, but we don't have any other time to do it till about, oh, say January.......so we're going camping in the trailer at a place about 50 miles from here. Fri night through Tuesday. I need to get the satellite dish figured out, and this is a lake that they've slayed crappie on from January through May, and I don't know it at all, so need to learn it. So we're going......it's so hot we may just sit in the camper a/c and look out the window, but we're finally going.

I can't wait for the new Chevy Truck in Max Towing Package. New stuff "Fall of 2013". Not sure when. Sounds like what I need.

Today at Walmart I saw, with my own nekkid eyes, a Chevy Truck MRX. No clue what that is......but that's what it said on the side instead of Z71 or whatever. No clue.

So.........if'n you want me after Friday afternoon, text me. If you don't have my cell, then hey...........just how important do you reckon you are, anyway????

:lmao:lmao

Arty
08-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Have a blast!

Buckrub
08-01-2013, 06:21 PM
I have a blast just sitting here.

I hope to have a major explosion!

Niner
08-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Hope we can work a meeting, Bill. I am doing a LOT better these days than the last time you came through these parts!!!

Chicken Dinner
08-02-2013, 05:19 AM
Have fun storing the castle.

Bwana
08-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Have a great trip & don't spoil the grandson too much.

Buckrub
08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Almost gone. Back Tuesday and Wednesday, then leave for a month for South Carolina.

Y'all be good. I'll try and check in via smartphone. Sorry, GeniusPhone..........

later gators.

Big Muddy
08-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Bucky, I haven't heard anyone say, "off we go into the wild blue yonder" in many many years.
I assume you know that's the Air Force Song.
My Dad was an Air Force flight instructor, during WWII.
When I was just a little squirt, and was acting up, not wanting to take a nap, I vividly remember many times when my Dad would lay down beside me, and softly sing the Air Force song to me, until I was sound asleep.
Sorta brings tears to my eyes, just thinking about him doing that for me.
Thanks and have a good trip!!!!!