PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for you baseball guru's

quercus alba
08-03-2013, 10:27 PM
First let me say that I am not an Arod fan even tho I like the yankees, and yes I do think they would be better off without him long term from a win/loss perspective. That leads me to my question, What kind of actual evidence do they have that he was using peds? Lots of talk, innuendo's and a corporate whistle blowers account who after seeing his interview I won't trust as far as I could throw a bull by the tail, is all I've seen. Where are the failed drug tests or eye witness account, which are really the only evidence that should be admissible. Remember with Roger Clemons they had documented paperwork, so called witnesses and even the alleged needle and what did they prove? Nada. Only the haters disagreed with the verdict, shoot some people still think Manson is innocent, and look who the people put in the Whitehouse. People on a whole are stupid and have a lynch mob mentality regardless of the facts.

Unless I've missed something, which is possible, I don't see any evidence to even talk about a season long ban and certaintly not a lifetime ban. What I see is the worst Commissioner in baseball history trying to bail his beloved Yankees out of a 250 million dollar mistake.

Someone please enlighten me.

LW
08-04-2013, 07:15 AM
I'll do my best. First off, Selig is a Brewers man. He owned the team. Look what happened to Braun. I don't think his intention is to help the yankees. The fact that braun made a deal tells the baseball world that they had hard evidence against him that he didn't want aired out. The fact that the mlb players association has been silent when they have a history of vocally defending players, tells the baseball world that the hard evidence must be there. Popular opinion is that they have more on arod than they did on braun. And nobody in the mlbpa is defending him. He will accept a deal. 150 games. Lifetime ban is a stretch. Could happen but I dont expect it.

quercus alba
08-04-2013, 08:58 AM
They had Bonds cold too but there was money to be made off him. Arod is on the downside of his career so there is no net gain for baseball. I'm aware that Selig owned the Brewers but the Yanks are the face of MLB and what's good for the yanks is good for baseball, Selig knows he needs the Yanks in the playoffs even if they lose in the first round. I'll not say that they don't have evidence, but they're awful closed mouth about it, which is very abnormal. I sense a screw job coming on, kinda like the NCAA gave Penn St with a $60 million fine. When they present something beside opinion, I'll believe it. They crucified McGuire for using andro WHEN IT WAS LEGAL. Selig's integrity is obscured by the $$$ signs.

And yes, I am biased against Selig, but that still doesn't make him a good commissioner or even a marginal one.

Chicken Dinner
08-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm no ARod fan either. But, I'm gonna be pissed if the Yankees are able to get out from under this deal as a result if this. Ban him and still make the Yankees choke in his contract.

LW
08-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Maybe a new regulation is in order. If a player gets busted for doping, the team still has to pay the salary but it goes to charity.

Chicken Dinner
08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Works for me. I think it was Barry who said this, but until some of the pain (other than losing the player) hits the teams. It's still going to be worth it. I say if someone gets busted for doping their team forfeits all wins. Something tells me we'd see the end of this crap.

Big Muddy
08-05-2013, 06:37 PM
That 211 game suspension just might get A-Roid's and the Yank's attention.

Day'um, this must be a latino consortium:

•Alex Rodriguez, Yankees third baseman, 211 games
•Nelson Cruz, Rangers outfielder, 50 games
•Jhonny Peralta, Tigers shortstop, 50 games
•Everth Cabrera, Padres shortstop, 50 games
•Antonio Bastardo, Phillies reliever, 50 games
•Jordany Valdespin, Mets outfielder, 50 games
•Francisco Cervelli, Yankees catcher, 50 games
•Jesus Montero, Mariners catcher, 50 games
•Cesar Puello, Mets outfielder (minors), 50 games
•Sergio Escalona, Astros pitcher (minors), 50 games
•Fernando Martinez, Yankees outfielder (minors), 50 games
•Fautino De Los Santos, Padres pitcher, 50 games
•Jordan Norberto, free-agent pitcher, 50 games

BarryBobPosthole
08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
What I want to know is what the hell happened to the Cards while I was gone? Holy schnikes!

BKB

Big Muddy
08-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Don't know about their other games, but my young Braves boys swept their azzes under the rug in 3 games. ;)