PDA

View Full Version : Home/Gone/Home/Gone

Buckrub
08-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Just got in from a few days of camping in trailer at Lake Dardanelle, AR. Just a few miles up the road. Just a 'respite' between grandkids and family stuff. Leaving Thursday for South Carolina and be gone there quite a while.

Travel Trailer TV (Direct TV) is a huge issue, and their tech and I spent hours not being able to figure it out. They sent a tech to house to help with it Thursday, but he better hurry because I got to leave Thurs......be back around...............um...........end of month.

This truck ain't pulling this TT very well. Not sure where to turn. Got a lot of thinking to do.

When I get back at end of month, deer camp work starts in earnest. This has been a tough summer.......and have a lot of things to think about.

New Grandson is at my daughter's house and we'll be there Fri night. He's having serious issues, and not sure we can help, but we're going to try. It will take a while.

Other family stuff not going well, but whatever............more than I can handle in one fell swoop! :)

Caught ONE catfish and no crappie while we were gone. Sucks to be this bad of a fisherman.

Anyway, not sure anyone cares, but hey...........I'm here, and gone, and here, and gone, and then I'm not sure where I am.

jb
08-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Bucky, hope all works out. Last year at this time we were anxiously awaiting your arrival, time goes by way to fast.
I'm sure it will also go by fast with all your current worries and things will work out just fine. Keep the faith.

BarryBobPosthole
08-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Just do the best you can, buddy, and try not to fret about the rest too much. Enjoy momma and the summer and be happy for a new grandson!
Safe travels.
BKB

Buckrub
08-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Well, he's testing her. Running away. That kind of stuff. I think we can help, Grandma is trained and skilled at that age level. Not sure Grandpa can keep from going crazy, though. We'll see.

Not the summer I envisioned.

But I'm in the band, and.....
The Leader of the band is tired,
and his eyes are growing old
but his blood runs through my instrument
and his song is in my soul
my life has been a poor attempt
to imitate the man
I'm just a living legacy
to the leader of the band

Arty
08-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Pretty busy for a retired guy...

LJ3
08-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Well Bucky, at least your to do list doesn't include things like - Escalations, provisioning, turn-ups, angry customers, technically impossible, "they said it would do WHAT?", this customer drive a lot of revenue, we need this ASAP, I tried that but it still didn't work, I don't know - everything looks good on my end, you want it WHEN?

You're welcome :)

Good luck with the new Grandson. Something tells me Mama will have the correct hand for the rudder of that kid. Just for you, and the sake of the child, please do not sing in his presence. You could wind up doing time.

Bwana
08-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear about the tribulations Bucky but take a deep breath, let it go, and enjoy all the good stuff in your life.

Buckrub
08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
OK Len........that made me laugh.

Course, I NEVER had an escalation!!! :) A) My boss knew nothing so there was no point, B) I fixed the problems myownself, and C) I convinced them that escalations did nothing more than make some nutbag manager yell at ME to get it done quicker, which simply added to the total project time, not subtracted from it. Customers bought that, and boss never got called.

At least I THINK that's what happened. I was asked the other day what I "did for a living" and danged if I could remember exactly. I think it had to do somewhat with at least some of those words you used.

How is YOUR search going? (If you can retire now, do it. If you cannot retire now, try photography full time. If you cannot do either of those, Good Luck with job search).

Now I gotta go pack for 3 weeks. Let's see.......how many underwear is three weeks? Oh yeah, FIVE..... :D

BarryBobPosthole
08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
You wear underwear?

BKB

Buckrub
08-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Only the ones you recommended!