PDA

View Full Version : I'll take a long shot here ...

Thumper
08-08-2013, 10:54 AM
... (no pun intended)

I know we're 99.9% "Easterners" here, but I'll throw this out here anydamnway. In the late 90's, I bought a Leupold 12X scope from Midway for $420.00 (plus shipping I think) and mounted it on my .220 Swift for a varmint hunt I had planned out west. The hunt never happened and I never fired the gun with that scope on it. I took it back off and put it back in the box. Sooo, it's "new" in the box but shows a very minor ring mark from being mounted and taken back off.

It's in the orig. box with all papers, Leupold cloth, etc.

Here are the particulars:

M8 12X 40mm AO (Adjustable Objective) Multicoat 4 w/Duplex reticle.

I'll be throwing it up on e-Bay toward the end of the month or possibly early next month. I haven't researched prices as I just now pulled it out of the safe, but I figured I'd knock off $100 from what I paid for it. That may be high and it may be low ... I just don't know yet, but I'd sure hate to take less than that.

I haven't taken pics yet, but will if anybody's interested. I'm sticking it on a shelf in my office until I have time to mess with it, so give me a shout here if'n ya' wants it.

Trav
08-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Jim, is it a VXII? I may have just the gun for it also what is the objective.

Thumper
08-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Nope ... it's an "old" M8 and the objective is adjustable. (AO)

Gunther
08-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Jim, you is gonna be lucky to get half that. Nobody likes fixed powered glass anymore. Well, 6x's have been going pretty high I guess. I got where I bought variables for other than rodent rifles because they're easier to find and actually cheaper when bought new.

And, they all are set on 4x and never get changed.

Buckrub
08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
You can get an adjustable 4X-12X Leupold with AO in silver for less than $400.00..........

FooBang
08-12-2013, 09:51 PM
... (no pun intended)

I know we're 99.9% "Easterners" here,

True enough. The only seeing aids I needs is my glasses. To shoot 8 yards. The average distance a deer is taken in NJ. THE AVERAGE!

--Foo