PDA

View Full Version : Ya' sleepin' in this mornin' Mr. Crow9?

Thumper
08-09-2013, 06:50 AM
I've been here since 4:30 am ... where ya' been?

Arty
08-09-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm up. At 430 as well.
Got 4 yards if concrete on the way here.
I'm pouring a pad 16x20 to Park the boat and camper on.

Hope the rain holds off until this afternoon like its supposed to.

If your up and about you could always take some pics and text them to someone! :moon

Niner
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
LOL!!!!
Yep Jimbo,I slept in a little this morn.
For the last week or so, I haven't been sleeping too well at night. For MONTHS now, I can sleep for a few hours and then wake up with my back killing me. I'll walk around the house, maybe check in here with my phone...have a snack...and go back to bed for another four hours or so. This past week I have not been able to get back to sleep on several nights once I got up. I found that my recliner lets me nap pretty well. A lot of times I'll sit down in the afternoon and it will suck the consciousness out of me.

Yesterday, all this no-sleeping stuff caught up with me and I spent the better part of the day ASLEEP in my recliner. However, when I'd get up to answer nature's call, or something....my back was not hurting! SO...last night we tried an experiment and I slept in The Chair all night. Granted, we didn't turn in until after 1:00am last night....but I didn't wake up until I heard the alarm going off this morning. After I got Di up and going, I sat back down and slept for another several hours. Just now fired up the laptop and checking in here. :)

I dont' know WHAT the deal is with this back pain. I talked to my docs at MDA about it last month, and they think it is NOT hardware related (Thank You, Jesus), but muscular. He prescribed me to see the PT folks for some stretching exercises....which has been helping somewhat. The muscles in my lower back just get in an absolute KNOT for days. For SOME reason, it gets worse when I lay flat. It COULD be its all because I am so much more active nowadays. I've been walking more and more without the aid of my walker or cane!!! AND last weekend actually rode my tractor bush hogging for several hours.

Anyways....I'm rambling....thanks for asking if I'm still kicking.

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2013, 10:47 AM
If its muscle related, I'm wondering if one of those muscle stimulators would work? I hurt my back doing something stupid (lifting the front of my ZTR up on jackstands while stooping over) a few months ago and my neice, who just finished up her PHD in Physical Therapy, was staying with us while she was completing a clinical. She had a device called a TwinStim, which is just a little unit that stimulates muscles with an electrical pulse. It made my muscle spasms go completely away when I used it and really helped with the pain. They're cheap and from what she told me, you can use them any time you want.

You might ask your docs if they think that'll help. Here's a link to the unit she had and the one I am buying. I'm sure if they prescribe it your insurance will cover it.

http://www.tensnet.com/Twin-Stim-TENS-EMS-combo.html?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic?utm_source=googlepla&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CNCQv6_N8LgCFXMRtAodWxIArg

BKB

Thumper
08-10-2013, 07:04 AM
If your up and about you could always take some pics and text them to someone!

Ha! Gonna squeeze that in sometime Arty. Headed out the door right now to a couple of estate sales ... a repeat of what I did yesterday (plus a zillion errands). My sister and bro-in-law are in town, so they're taking up any free-time I have. Things will settle down soon and I'll get a chance to catch my breath!