PDA

View Full Version : Not really sure how to feel

Hombre
08-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I've done a lot of fishing this year, and had a great time. I've had one trip the Neah Bay catching Halibut and Kings, one trip out of Westport where we caught a lot of Tuna, and now it looks like a trip to Ketchikan, Ak. A friend and mentor here at work dropped by yesterday and said he had already paid for a guided fishing trip to Ak, and he's too busy to go. He offered it to me if I could go and looks like I am going.

On one hand I'm very excited, and that level of generosity I am very appreciative for, but I kind of feel bad taking such a nice trip. On the other hand I know he can't go and it will be wasted if I don't go.....so for sure I'm going but figure I better get him a very nice x-mas present :D

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Same thing happened to me on my caribou hunt, Boh, and I felt out of place with all those damned Texans (although I'm sure you'd fit right in). But it ended up being one of the most memorable hunting trips of my life. So go and enjoy it. and catch a biggun. and I'm pissed that I tried to get you to go fishing for all of those years and you poo poo'd fishing like it was the most boring thing in the world and now that you are a prune picker, you fish all the time!

Best of luck and take a bunch of pictures!

BKB

Bwana
08-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Sounds like the chance of a lifetime...go have fun!

Hombre
08-09-2013, 04:01 PM
BBP - So far all these trips have been catchin and less about fishing, that I enjoy. And I did go fishing with you in Arkansas. Bwana, that's pretty much how I'm looking at it and very excited for the opp.

Buckrub
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
U lost my number, dude???