PDA

View Full Version : How do you Nahthuners do it?

BarryBobPosthole
08-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I have a bump on the side of my face, right at the top of a sideburn, where I got bit by a blackfly. On sunday of my first weekend in Canada. that was technically last month. He must've got a pint of blood out of me because when I finally felt him and slapped him I mashed a bunch of blood across my face that made a streak. He landed on the floor of the boat, shook his head a few times and got up and flew off laughing. The fucker. It still itches. And is still a bump.

How do you live with those dad gum things flying around up there?

BKB

Bwana
08-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Don't have any of them around here or at least not that I am aware of. We do have what we refer to as Horse Flies though. They bite but are not the bloodsuckers like got ahold of you.

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2013, 02:31 PM
All I know about them is I completely understand why mooses are so dang surly. That thing is still a knot.

BKB

johnboy
08-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I've had lots of experience with the infamous blackfly in northern Ontario, none of it pleasant! I remember driving around the lakehead many years ago with the soon-to-be missus and stopping at a little park for a picnic lunch. Five minutes in we were both swatting and scratching and covered with the little monsters. I wiped my forehead and came away with a bloody hand so we literally threw everything back in the car and beat a hasty retreat. The Scourge of the North!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjLBXb1kgMo

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2013, 03:38 PM
You Canadians are quite the picnickers. Seriously. People don't do that often enough where I live.

BKB

Buckrub
08-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Of course not. They'd melt.

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2013, 04:08 PM
We don't even do it in spring or fall when we could! We're lax in the picnic department. Face it. Another sign of social decline. Due to republicans likely. Killjoys.

BKB

Buckrub
08-12-2013, 04:17 PM
This Republican still does it.

Sounds like a Democrat claiming he don't see nun of it. Typical blinders, can't see the obvious.

I don't have a basket though. Actually we do.....but don't use that. Nothin' like a baloney sammich and mustard on FRESH bread that's hotter than bejeebers from being in the sun in the car........mmmm.

BarryBobPosthole
08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm gonna go on a picnic. Just as soon as it stops raining. And gets cooler. And, wait, but that's the best time of year to fish....

BKB

Buckrub
08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
See?

P.S.
What is this "fish" thing of which you speak?