PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if they really want to know?

Buckrub
08-15-2013, 04:48 PM
http://money.msn.com/now/post--wal-mart-has-company-in-wall-streets-doghouse

I doubt they are really asking, but in case they do, and in case they lurk here, here are a few reasons (my opinions)!!! :)

I shop at Walmart a lot. In fact, I went today. I'm glad they exist. I shop at Walmart Number Five, for goodness sakes. But they have a LOT of fixable problems. IMHO:

1) Parking. Who designs the parking at these places? Try making a square store with parking all around, 360 degrees! Make an entrance at all four 'walls'.

2) TURN DOWN THE HEAT. I have never been in a Walmart that wasn't 200 degrees. I sweat like a stinky pig when I shop there. Winter is worst.

3) TURN OFF THE TV'S AND THE PIPED IN NOISE! I get into Walmart and I can't think for the noise. Hard to ignore all the TV's and the intercom system. Very annoying.

4) Put the milk in the front. Really. I GET IT why you do that, but geez. Really!!! You don't need us to 'shop' that badly. Just put the milk up front with the bread.

5) Hire the same number of cashiers that you have spots. Remove most of those spots. They are NEVER ALL manned, and you know it.

6) And lastly FIX THE DADGUM CARTS. They are broken mostly because you use them all every night to unload the big trucks, and put heavy stuff in them, and mistreat them. Figure out that messes them up and STOP doing it. Instead of a greeter (thankfully, a job being phased out), hire a guy to fix the carts, nonstop. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Target's carts roll well. Be advised.

You're welcome.

Sunshine
08-15-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't shop at Walmart and don't even look at their adds. They are not good to their employees and the majority of their products come from china.
The store attracts the weirdest people I've ever seen.
No disrespect to you Bucky, you're normal compared to them.

I'm talking really weird people.

BarryBobPosthole
08-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Go back to stocking your sporting goods department with.........sporting goods.

BKB

Thumper
08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
We have a Super Walmart 4 mins. from the house and a Sam's Club about 7 mins. from the house. They both get a LOT of our business. Sunny, where do you buy stuff that ISN'T made in China?

IF they had legitimate competition ... we'd shop there also. Hey, a buck is a buck ... and we don't have many of them these days.

Buckrub
08-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah. I said I shopped there.

I was just responding to the article, that said many folks are apparently leaving them.

Big Muddy
08-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Forgive me, but I love Wallyworld....it's the closest and about the only place for us to shop, except for a small Dollar General, which doesn't carry much stock....also, mostly because I actually met old man Sam Walton, once, in Clinton, MS at the grand opening of one of his stores.

Back then, in the '60's and '70's, he showed up at the opening of every new store, and if it was within driving distance, he'd drive up in that old green Dodge pickup, which he did on the day I met him....at least, I think it was a green Dodge.

Nice ole guy.

BarryBobPosthole
08-15-2013, 06:13 PM
All the stores then carried 28 ga shells too because that's what he hunted quail with.

BKB

Buckrub
08-15-2013, 07:33 PM
No, it was an old red and white Ford. Or at least one of 'em was. I can't imagine that old man had only ONE truck!!! :)

and we kicked up a small covey of quail in Larke's pasture yesterday. He doesn't know how that made me feel...........wow. I miss those little guys. That was what I thought "hunting" was from age 6 till college. I didn't know other animals were hunted till my father in law said "Boy, let's go deer hunting".

God bless him.

Arty
08-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I agree with Sunny...weird people at Wal-mart. The kind that call the cops when a wierd number comes up on their called ID.

:lmao

Sorry couldn't help it.

A lot of our money in this house goes to Wal-mart.

Only place in "town" (15 miles away).

Buckrub
08-15-2013, 07:41 PM
http://beartales.me/2013/01/14/the-latest-crop-of-walmartians/

Buckrub
08-15-2013, 07:43 PM
http://icantwatchisitoveryet.wordpress.com/category/walmartians/

Sunshine
08-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I've gotten kind of bad about looking where a product is coming from.

If the tag says China, I'll put it back.

Costco is real bad about China products.

Saw a nice blanket, the other day, and when I checked the tag it said China.
Put it back on the shelf.

Years ago, before American jobs went overseas to China, I didn't think about it and bought from China.

I go out of my way to NOT by china now.

I don't buy much anymore, so its not hard.

Also I won't buy produce from Mexico.
I'll buy from Canada, if theres no USA on the shelf, but not Mexico.

So if all the tomatoes say Mexico, we don't have tomatoes.

Started buying clothes at Fred Meyers, cause I can find things that aren't from China.
Sometimes I buy online from American companies.

Husbands not as bad as me, and some china things make it into the house and I'm not happy about it.

Wish I hadn't bought stuff, in the past, for the house!
All I did was help take American jobs away and send our money to China!

Hard to find toys that aren't from china!!

Just my quirk!

Buckrub
08-15-2013, 07:48 PM
You watching TV, Sunny?

Are ya?

Sunshine
08-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Yep can't help I have a Philips tv. Kids bought it for us.
Bucky your videos rest my cause, about weird people at Walmart!!

I never said there's nothing, made from China, in this house.
I said I just try not to buy things made in China anymore.

Thumper
08-15-2013, 10:21 PM
But you'll put that Saudi gas in your tank! ;)

Heck, even all our gas comes from Wally World and with the Wally World credit card (used ONLY for gas), we get a 10-cents/gallon discount off of what's ALREADY the cheapest gas in town to begin with.

Sunshine
08-15-2013, 10:29 PM
What the heck? Is it rag on Sunshine Day?????

I just said there's weird people at Walmart.
I won't shop there!! ( my right)
I hate it I bought so much stuff from China, in the past, and try not to buy stuff from China anymore.

I said there's stuff in my house from China, bought in the past!!

Can't help but put gas in my vehicle, if I could buy USA fuel I would.

I don't see where I've text anything wrong! :(

Thumper
08-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Ha! Just messin' with ya' Sunny ... don't get you panties in a wad. Really? Weird people shop at Walmart? Heck, I shop there ... no wait! Nevermind! ;)

Niner
08-16-2013, 07:18 AM
When I shop...even at WalMart...I tend to check the "Made In" labels. If there's two similar products, one made here and one in China.....I pick the USA made one and leave Mr. Chang on the shelf. That said, sadly, a LOT of the time there is no USA made alternative.

However, I am not one of those "Buy American Regardless" folks who buy a lesser quality item for more money just because some union hack made it.

Niner
08-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Sunny, just a wild assed guess....but I'll bet you don't shop at IKEA either????????

Sunshine
08-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Nope! :D As in no I've never been in that store. :)

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2013, 02:55 PM
We don't have an IKEA here I don't think. what's wrong with them?

We're getting a Sams here in Owasso. We are definitely in the bigtime now. When I moved here in '83 my town was a four way stop on 169 and it was more of a railroad spur (hence the indian name 'End of the Trail' = Owasso) than anything. Little grocery store, little Walmart, and a population of about 4000. Now is 25,000 people, and we have Kohl's and a big walmart and a Penny's and now a Sams. I hear their meat department is very god.

BKB

Buckrub
08-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Cause it's foreign too, Swedish.

Sam's has the best meats.

Niner
08-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Sunny prolly would not like IKEA because a LOT of their stuff is designed in Sweden, but manufactured in China.

They are the kings of "boxed furniture" that you assemble when you get it home. They must have folks with PhD's in boxology because there is not one square centimeter in that box that is wasted.

Thumper
08-19-2013, 08:53 AM
They are the kings of "boxed furniture" that you assemble when you get it home. They must have folks with PhD's in boxology because there is not one square centimeter in that box that is wasted.

And just TRY to get it BACK INTO that box to return it if you've pulled it out and decided it's not what you wanted! :banghead

yellowk9
08-19-2013, 09:48 AM
We haven't shopped at Wal-Mart in over a year. I've always hated going there (just because of the crowds). I have nothing against their success and I think most providers of unskilled jobs treat their employees similarly (Wal-Mart is just an easy target because they're the biggest). I have seen a steady decline in the quality and selection of their products over the years. It seems like most stuff you buy there is disposable. I'd rather spend more money on something made here (if you can find it) and have it last a few years than buy 3 versions of the plastic Chinese Wally World product. I also like supporting small local businesses in our towns. Most of the towns near me have dried up over the years. They just built a new Wal-Mart in Beebe near my house. Everyone is so excited. I haven't step foot near that traffic jam yet and have no plans to do so. They will put the other grocery store in town out of business as well as several other surviving local businesses. We'll have a Wal-Mart on one end of town and a ghost town on the other end. Oh well, such is progress..............................

Thumper
08-19-2013, 10:06 AM
I'd rather spend more money on something made here (if you can find it) and have it last a few years ...

Too bad that philosophy doesn't apply to automobiles! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Well, yellowdog, that brings up a very good point. I'm not sure that a lot of Americans (most? I dunno) even give a shit whether the stuff they are buying will have any durability. People buy mostly crap these days. And its that crap that drives our economy, believe it or don't. Go to any box store and just walk around the aisles. 90% of the stuff you'll see there is crap. Pure unadulterated crapola. Its what people want to buy. So the idea that quality has any relationship at all to where its made is just plain wrong. It's not the workmanship that makes it crap, its what it is that makes it crap. A hand made, 100% wool, made in America Snuggy is still a damned Snuggy. Its crap.
That mainly why I don't go to Walmart or any other box store. Not because of who shops there or where its made. Its just that once we realized we didn't need half the shit we were buying, it just didn't make sense to go there any more.

BKB

Niner
08-19-2013, 10:59 AM
A hand made, 100% wool, made in America Snuggy is still a damned Snuggy. Its crap.
BKB

*like*