PDA

View Full Version : my nemesis shows his ugly head...

LW
08-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Plantar fasciitis! I have struggled with this for a couple of years and thought that I had it licked. Most people have had some form of it and maybe werent aware of what it is. Basically, a really severe pain in the bottom of the foot that comes from inflammation due to micro tears in the tissue that pulls your foot into an arch. Tends to plague runners. Anyway, after multiple injections and electrostimulation therapy to the bottom of my foot, I had been mostly pain free for the last 6 months. Until 2 miles into my run this morning when that old familiar pain spoke to me. Kind of like hearing an ex-wifes voice. I sure hope this isnt another long term problem. It could be worse. The good news is that it is the middle of august and it was a beautiful spring morning! 78 degrees was the high today.

Buckrub
08-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Ouch.

Had it for last 8 months in right foot. One day it went away. Poof. I have no clue why.

Showed up in left foot last week. Mild, but I feel it coming.

LJ3
08-17-2013, 08:46 PM
I feel ya dude...

I got mine to the point where it hurts for the first 5 minutes of a run and then chills out for the most part.

LW
08-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Really? Hurts at first and gets better. Weird. Wish mine did that. Mine gets worse as I go and peaks the next morning usually. I will know in the morning I figure.

LJ3
08-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Next day it hurts like hell... but for some reason I can "run through" it when I keep going.

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2013, 07:46 AM
I don't know if its the same thing or not, but my right foot feels like it has something in it, like a knot or something, right behind my toes on the bottom of my foot. It doesn't hurt, but may discomfort is the right way to describe it. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it comes back.

I hate problems with my wheels.

BKB

quercus alba
08-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Not to minimize anybody's foot pain but, the gout hurts worse than a broke toe or a broke foot. When my gout was at it's worst, I couldn't stand the weight of a sheet on it and putting on a sock was out of the question. Fortunately, gout is a lot like my sex life, it doesn't happen very often

Niner
08-18-2013, 08:53 AM
QA, The gout is caused by the same condition that my kidney stones are....too much uric acid in your system. I don't have the gout (my Dad suffered with it though). I take an Allopurinol pill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allopurinol ) every day to help reduce the number of kidney stones I form....and Dad took it to prevent gout attacks.

I feel for you guys with the PF problems. I had a bout with it a few years back. My heel would hurt like Hell when I'd first get out of bed, then it would ease off after a few mins of walking on it. Foot doc did the injection thing and fitted me with some special orthodic deals to wear in my shoes. I don't know what they were made of, but they were hard. After they wore out, I got some good insoles that he recommended, and THANK GOD, have not had any problems with PF ever since. These are the ones that I use in EVERY shoe and boot that I own... http://spenco.com/product.aspx?ProdId=40&catid=2&cid=#.UhDDMawizUs .
The first thing I do when I get a new pair of footwear is to pull out the factory insole and put in a pair of these rascals!!!

quercus alba
08-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Hard to believe that something as painful as the gout can be controlled by diet. Curiously, one of the worst things in triggering gout is dried beans, something about the drying process concentrates the uric acid. Organ meat such as liver is also a no no. Bean sprouts are the absolute worst, at least in my case.

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2013, 02:51 PM
I started taking allopurinol right after this last stone issue a couple months ago and also have a stash of Colchicine in case of a flare up. Haven't had one though so the allopurinol seems to be working. I dod a no-no and ate some grilled asparagus a few weeks ago and got a slight twinge in my toe but that was it. Asparagus, polk, spinach, and beet greens are some of my favorite foods but they'll make my toe hurt just smelling them cook it seems.

BKB