PDA

View Full Version : 5 years went WHOOSH

Buckrub
08-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Just completed my renewal course yesterday, and just finished paying the fee online, and now am mailing off my renewal for my CHCL License that I got 5 years ago...........and which seems like six months ago.

Whoosh.

We are now reciprocal with 39 states.......so other than the Evil Northeast, I can carry when come visit you. Ain't you happy 'bout that??? :)

p.s.
I barely qualified.....I hit the letter sized paper 5 times out of 5, and that's all I'm saying about that.

FooBang
08-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Evil Northeast? So, I looked up our OC laws. Yep, they're evil. http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=276

--Foo

Buckrub
09-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Yep.

And god forbid you drive THROUGH New Yawk with your bagged, concealed handgun in your truck.........they'll nail you for that, even. And if they see a 32 oz. coke beside you, you're toast.

Evil, indeed.

Niner
09-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Bucky, ya made me pull out my CCW license. Actually, down here it is called a "Weapons Carry License".

Had to check it to be sure I was still legal!
I'm good until 2016. Funny thing on this is the issue date was just a few weeks before I got sick back in the summer of 2011.

The handy thing about having one of these down here is it over rides the Instant Check requirement when you purchase a gun from an FFL holder.

Chicken Dinner
09-02-2013, 07:33 AM
In Va, we don't need a permit for open carry or have to shoot to qualify for a CWP. You can do the whole class online, we d en pAssed a law a few years back that your glove box or console isn't considered concealed.

Thumper
09-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Personally, I've never been a fan of open carry. One ... I don't like the "in your face" attitude some open-carry dufes seem to display ... second, it makes zero sense to me. I think the element of surprise is the biggest advantage to concealed carry. But ... that's just me and to each his own.

This post made me pull my CCW and check it also. I normally get a notice in the mail long before my CCW (actually called "concealed weapon or firearm license" down here). The "weapon" part covers clubs, ball bats, tasers, tear gas, atomic bombs and whatever else you can smack a perp with I suppose. Looks like ours are good for 7 years. I last renewed mine in 2010 (it expires on our birthday, just like our driver's licenses).

FooBang
09-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Yep.

And god forbid you drive THROUGH New Yawk with your bagged, concealed handgun in your truck.........they'll nail you for that, even. And if they see a 32 oz. coke beside you, you're toast.

Evil, indeed.

Interestingly, according to NY law, (http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm) a bow is not considered a dangerous weapon. My bow might beg to differ.. :D

--Foo