PDA

View Full Version : A pretty common sight...

Captain
08-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Left the farm late this afternoon and got behind ANOTHER broke down Toyota being pulled by a Chevy tow-truck.
When will folks learn?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Looks like a brand new one too.
BKB

Thumper
08-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Smart, SMART Chevy driver. He KNOWS he'll break down sooner or later, so he tows his only dependable ride home behind him so he won't end up stuck in the middle of nowhere. It's called "insurance". ;)

Buckrub
09-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Geez. Glad to know there are tow trucks that can get to Mt. Croghan. Pageland, I get, but wow. They must have GPS's.

P.S.
I hate spell check. I typed "Two trucks" instead of "Tow trucks" and of course spell check was happy as a dead pig in the sunshine. I wish I could just turn it off entirely, everywhere.

Thumper
09-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Anybody watch that Toyota beat all the Fords and Chevies at Atlanta tonight? (just wonderin') :D

Niner
09-02-2013, 06:46 AM
I've been cogitating on this, and what I think is going on in this picture.

I think this is a vehicle that is being repo'd. Only thing that makes any scense.
Some poor sole bought more truck than they could afford, or (especially in this economy) they lost their job or got cut from full to part time or somesuch .... And the new truck just had to go.

And, sadly, I'll bet it is a pretty common thing in "Rural America".

Thumper
09-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Niner is a SMART man! I KNEW there had to be some reasonable explanation. Now THAT makes sense.

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm wondering why Captain was passing him on the right.

BKB

Captain
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm wondering why Captain was passing him on the right.

BKB

Cause I was going faster...

And Niner, Thump don't need no help... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
09-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Well, I had that pic checked out. Just as I figured .... it's photo-shopped! ;)