PDA

View Full Version : I had to Labor today

jb
09-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Cool and off & on again rain. Not much else todo but get caught up on some client work.
5 hours of computer this morning, then I reloaded 700 rounds of trap loads for this coming weekend. After that a few honey-do items and bamb it's 6:00 pm.
A whole new schedule starts tomorrow, 4 granddaughters start school along with #1 son and 3 daughter-in-laws. Mama is a babysitter for the next three days until some daycare issues get ironed out.
Our little town just lost about 50% of it's population with everyone leaving their cottages and headed home. In about 3 weeks most will come back to look at the color and take one big deep breath before the snows starts to fall.
I love the next 7 weeks, things slow down, weather is cool and clear with fall in the air, I can get across town in about half the time and it's dark out when I go to bed. :)
Hope all youse gunys had an enjoyable day, damn summer sure went by fast.

Buckrub
09-02-2013, 06:47 PM
rained twice here. The squirrels were dancing in the yard, canteens open and raised to the heavens.

Beating my brother to make him hurry and finish replacing my rotted soffit and facia when we took down the worthless gutters..........whose sole purpose is to rot your house, best I can figure.

In 3 weeks, it'll still be 90 degrees here.

In 6 weeks it'll still be 90 degrees here.

In 9 weeks, it'll cool off some. Then we'll have one hot spell, then it'll get cool till Dec 1, when we will have heat and storms and tornadoes. And then a white christmas.

Captain
09-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Me too with a 28 ga.

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Keith and I were fishing this morning but didn't hear much shooting. Usuallyopening day of dove season sounds like a young war around these parts. There appear to be plenty of birds around. Maybe they figured out they taste like doo doo.

Saw a flight ofteal this morning as we drove across the lake on the causeway. That made my trigger finger itch a bit.

BKB

Captain
09-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Barry we cannot shoot until after 12/noon in SC. No morning hunting here for the first week. Still managed to get them in on my sunflower field.

Thumper
09-02-2013, 09:38 PM
My only labor today was lifting a fork from my plate to my mouth! ;)

Captain
09-02-2013, 09:42 PM
My day started with labor. Up at 5:30 on the bush hog at 7 and worked till 12:15. Hammerhead and his gal pal came down About 1:30 and we started shooting doves.
All in all a good day...