PDA

View Full Version : A Little Different Way To Watch The Game

Niner
09-03-2013, 04:56 PM
We went up to L'ville to visit with my daughter over the holiday weekend.
Sat night, of course, was the first football game of the year.
My daughter has recently found out there is a UGA Alumni chapter in that town....that is not very widely advertised.
Anyway, we decided to go to the sports bar where they were gathering to watch the game.

I'll have to say it was a bit different. I've never been one to watch games in (or even hang out in) sports bars.
They had a room all to themselves (ourselves?), and it was pretty neat to see all those displaced Dawg fans hooting for the home team.

Of course, as luck would have it, a big storm rolled in juuuuuust about kickoff time. And naturally, the place had satellite TV and NO backup plan...even though the game was on NETWORK TV. It was kindof funny to see everyone scrambling for their smartphones to get the play by play from ESPN. Fortunately the blackout didn't last too long, and we were able to see that the Dawgs forgot there was an actual football game being played and not some scrimmage match.

Anyhoo, I'm really glad she found this group. I am pretty sure she'll be able to do some good "networking" with them.

Penguin
09-03-2013, 05:22 PM
There is a little place up here that is the spitting image of a northwoods cabin/tavern where all the local Wisconsin grads go to watch the games. It's a riot. Last time I was there they were having the Musky Queen competition.... I shit you not. :)

I highly recommend those types of get-togethers.

I'd guess the Georgia Dawg bar would be a blast as well. You boys do like your football down there.

Will