PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Line ??????

Niner
09-03-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm pretty sure we've discussed line before.

Have any of you dudes tried this P-line flouocarbon?
I was looking for some Bagley Silver Thread.... But cannot find any.
So, I spied this stuff on the rack and decided to bring some home.

Any of y'all tried this stuff?
Good?
Bad?
Ugly?

Buckrub
09-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes.
I like it fine. Better than Stren.

After hating it for many years, I've changed to braided line (Pro Somethinorother), and after getting used to it some, I like it better for hooksets. But I only have it on 2 of my reels. The others have P-line.

BarryBobPosthole
09-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I've switched overto braid too except for one rig I spool with Sufix Seige flourocarbon. I've only used P-line for leaders but it seemed to be strong and limp. I use Sufix for leaders now just so I don'thave to buy two brands of line. That Yozuri flouro is awesome stuff too.

BKB

LJ3
09-13-2013, 11:19 AM
I have yet to fish with flouro. I went braid on all rigs but one for the last two years. The one with mono seemed to get me more hookups with fishing tubes and other weighted plastics on the bottom of the river, even though I lost a significant amount of feel which is pretty important for fishing river bottoms. Seems like flouro may be a good choice there as well. I may have to give some a trial run.

Niner
09-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Well, I got some of the 8# line. I spooled up one of my Shimano spinners with it....the other one is still sporting that cheapassed red Cajun line.

There was enough left over, and it's pretty thin stuff....so I spooled up my teenie Shimano UL7 ultra light reel as well. Hope to put both of them to some good use soon!!

Niner
09-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Oh! And let me take this opportunity to say I will NEVER EVER buy any more Trilene!!!