PDA

View Full Version : You Soccer People

BarryBobPosthole
09-06-2013, 02:00 PM
The US only needs four points in four matches to qualify for the world cup? Is that how this works? We don't have to beat anybody? What if we win against Costa Rica 1-0 and Mexico 1-0. Do we still qualify?

This is verra verra confusing.

BKB

Buckrub
09-06-2013, 02:13 PM
yes

one win is three points

Chicken Dinner
09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
And a tie is one point. Goal differentials only factor in for ties in the standings.

BarryBobPosthole
09-06-2013, 02:53 PM
So four ties and we're in as well too.

Mexico I guess is coming up again. That'll be interesting.

BKB

LJ3
09-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Costa Rica can suck a big fat dick. They did all KINDS of things to "pay back" for having to play in the snow with the US Team and getting beat last time.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 7:00am to go see the Mexico game in Columbus! Sitting in the Uncle Sam's Army section. It will be insane and I cannot wait! My buddy I call the "ticket whisperer" got us the tickets. It's gonna be a good time. Red white and blue from head to toe and we hate, I mean friggin HATE, the Mexican National Team.

Thumper
09-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Good luck Lenster .... I know how much you "hate" those Latin/Hispanic types! :D

LJ3
09-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Mexican soccer fans are easy to detest. It's a great rivalry. It can get very ugly sometimes. My buddy the ticket whisperer went to the game in Mexico and they threw piss on in him in the US section that was sectioned off with barbed wire and armed security. Columbus is a tiny venue and it should be pretty damn good game. If we beat them it will be a HUGE upset and Mexican fans will lose they damn haids.

Now, loving a beautiful Mexican girl as I do... well, THAT'S easy :)

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Columbus OHIO? Nice town.

BKB

LJ3
09-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah, 8 hour drive from here. Taking three other rabid soccer fans. Should be a great time!

I've already made it clear that I will not:

Engage in any fights (getting punched hurts)
Bail anyone out of jail
Wait for anyone to be released from jail

Of course, once the alcohol starts flowing all bets are off :)

Thumper
09-09-2013, 01:27 PM
My son lives in Columbus ... tell him hello when you pass by. ;)

As for bail ... my nephew is the Police Chief of a little village south of there. He may know somebody who knows somebody. :D

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I wish I could remember the name of the irish pub I spent an afternoon in once in Columbus. Its over by one of those tall buildings. And there aren't many tall buildings there.

BKB

Thumper
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Hmmm, may have ended up in the same joint while I was chasing my son's mom around Columbus. ;)

It wasn't Claddagh was it? It's down in the Brewery District and if there's a soccer game on, they'll have all the TV's tuned to it. I think the joint's only been there 12-15 years ... great atmosphere, mediocre food and crappy service. Nice place to get commode-huggin' drunk though! :D

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Prolly not the same place but it could be. I would have been there in the early 90's. and don't ask how I remember stuff like this when I can't remember shit, but the place I stayed at was in Dublin, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus and the hotel was at I-270 and Tuttle Road and was close to a mall. The Irish pub wasn't five minutes from there but that's all I got in my teeny little brain that I reserve for memory.

BKB

Thumper
09-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Nope ... it wasn't there until 2001. You have a dang good memory for an old fart. Don't know Tuttle Road. Could that have been Tuller Road? It runs into the Dublin Village Center just off of 270 ... but I don't think it actually crosses/intersects with 270 ... kinda parallels it. Lots of your typical chain hotels along Tuller just off/along 270. Heck, the early 90's ... who knows? I was running around there at that time, but I also suffer from CRS disease.

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2013, 03:09 PM
That could be it, Jim. I was doing some bidness with some folks at a company called Litel in those days. company got bought by Qwest and doesn't exist now.

BKB

LJ3
09-09-2013, 03:28 PM
4th Street bar is where we're pre-gaming. Sounds like a combo tailgate bar festivus type thing.

Trav
09-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Barry, it was prob the Brazen Head in Dublin. It was bought in Dublin Ireland and disassembled brought over here and reassembled. One of my favorite places to go when I used to go up there quarterly. I also like the Dublin Chop house for good eats.

BarryBobPosthole
09-10-2013, 08:38 AM
I think that's the one, Trav. It was a cool place I recall.

BKB

LJ3
09-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Holy shit what a great experience. Both goals were right in front of us! So cool. Just the whole American outlaw experience was about as cool as it gets. Very intense and memories for a lifetime!