PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of good friends....

Big Muddy
09-12-2013, 08:40 AM
My two best buddies that I mentioned earlier, who came over and picked up a load of firewood, came back yesterday for another load....they live close to each other, and raise quail, as a sideline....they've got prolly 2,000 of the biggest fattest quail, I've ever seen.

Anywho, yesterday, they brought me a big package of dressed quail....wifey is gonna fry them up, and that'll be our supper tonite, along with rice, gravy, butterpeas, fresh mustard greens, and cathead biscuits....wish ya'll were here!!! ;)

Niner
09-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Sounds .........what is that word......larrupin.

BarryBobPosthole
09-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Sure does. I haven't had quail in years. I was supposed to get some from one of our old annual MLK Kansas pheasant/quail hunts but somebody who I will not name but their initials are HOMBRE runnoft with 'em.

Makes me hungry to think about it.

BKB

Thumper
09-12-2013, 10:17 AM
My uncle was a huge fan of quail hunting and I spent most of my weekends as a kid at his place. His house sat on a piece of land that he'd traded a car for. His "hunt camp" consisted of a lean-to and he eventually built a house on the property and lived there full-time. It's a metropolis now ... but back then it wasn't much more than a hunting area or cow pastures. He'd kill a batch of quail and my aunt would cook 'em up for us. Odd, but my favorite part ... and the very first thing I'd eat, was the gizzard. (didn't even know what they were until then) I'm still a big fan of fried chicken gizzards and hot sauce.