PDA

View Full Version : Chupacabra killed in MS.....

Big Muddy
09-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Okay, let the MS jokes begin. ;)

But, this sure doesn't look like any coyote that I've ever seen!!!....

Click on the video in the link.
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130912/NEWS/130912024/Mississippi-hunter-says-he-killed-chupacabra

Thumper
09-13-2013, 02:35 PM
I swear that looks persactly like another "Chupacabra" pic that's been floating around the net for quite some time. It still looks like a mangy k-9 to me.

Thumper
09-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Here's a fat one some kid supposedly shot in Texas.

http://ionenewsone.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/picture-31.png?w=453

LW
09-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Mississippi......

Big Muddy
09-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Sorta like our DOW, saying there are NO mountain lions or panthers, here in MS....then, in the next breath, saying if someone DOES kill one, it is illegal. ;)

Thumper
09-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Mountain lions and panthers are real ... Chupacabras are a myth IMHO.

HideHunter
09-13-2013, 05:55 PM
I can't account for the small front legs but I have to tell you.. the one (mangy coyote) I shot a couple years ago was a dead ringer otherwise. The documentary I saw where they tested DNA came back as a canine - probably coyote/dog cross. Interestingly enough, they said it *didn't* show mange. Interesting critter.

BarryBobPosthole
09-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Its easy enough to see how the legend started though.

BKB

Big Muddy
09-14-2013, 01:18 AM
Update:

"""One person who believes Harrell, is Phylis Canion, a nutritionist from Texas, who has a similar creature preserved in her home that she calls a "Texas Blue Dog."

Her creature weighs around 40 pounds and has steel blue eyes, a snout with an overbite.

Canion says DNA tests conducted by UC Davis suggest the animal is a hybrid of a coyote on the maternal side and a Mexican wolf on the paternal side. But she believes it might be an entirely different species.

Canion's creature is notable for two strange pouches on the both sides of the tail, something that Harrell's doesn't have, she was told.

"They told me it was a female and I thought, 'Wow, maybe that's why it didn't have nodules," Canion told HuffPost.

She is willing to pay for DNA tests for Harrell's animal, but worries that the animal may decompose before she can get a proper sample.

"I talked with his grandmother and she said he had thrown it away," Canion said.

Harrell admits he has tossed the chupacabra corpse away, but that he did save some body parts for science.

"Auburn University called up wanting a sample," he told HuffPost. "I saved a jawbone with teeth, and cut off the ears and toenails. That's all I could stomach."""

Thumper
09-14-2013, 07:34 AM
She is willing to pay for DNA tests for Harrell's animal, but worries that the animal may decompose before she can get a proper sample.

Huh? Sounds like then they'd have all the DNA they could ever want ... and could keep it in a bucket! ;)