PDA

View Full Version : Cat-uh-rax....you old guys are rubbing off on me.....

Big Muddy
09-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Out of respect, I pulled this post earlier because Johnboy posted the bad news about T Dub, within minutes of my post....that made my little eye problems seem trivial, so I deleted it.

Anywho, I went in for a routine eyeball checkup, and doc said I got cat-uh-rax....no big hurry in having the surgery, so I told him it'd hafta wait until after hunting season....he's gonna install me some new eyeball lenses, while he's poking around inside my eyeballs.

He said I might not even hafta wear glasses anymore, except maybe to read....that'll be really nice, since I've been wearing tri-focals for 40 years.

Sounds like a fairly easy procedure.

Any of you guys ever had this done???

Captain
09-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I had the surgery where they cut the lens off your eye and then laser the inside and put the lens back on. Was blind as a bat before having that done now got 20-15 vision. But still have to wear reading glasses for small print.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
09-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Wow, Cuz, that eases my mind....now, I'm looking forward to getting it done.

DeputyDog
09-14-2013, 09:56 AM
My mom had it done for cataracts had she just needs reading glasses now. Used to wear tri-focals and had for years. BTW, she's 83.

Niner
09-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Isn't it amazing what modern medicine can do??!!!!!
My wife used to be "blind as a bat" so to speak. She literally could not see the E on the eye-chart, which explains how she ended up with me. :headbang

Years ago she had the Radial Keratotomy done on one eye. That was before they came out with the Lasik laser procedures, which she had done on the other eye.
Now, she only has to wear glasses at night time, or in areas where there is diminished light.
I know that ain't Cataract Surgery, but you get the idea. I'd LOVE to have my eyeballs worked on so I wouldn't need glasses, but my eye doc says I'd be a bad candidate for it.