PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

johnboy
09-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Heading out this morning for a week or so on the road exploring the coasts of Washington and Oregon. We're taking the 'stang so hope we get some nice top down weather (pretty cool and wet here right now). No particular itinerary or schedule so we'll just see where the roads take us. We both need a little 'head clearing'.

Youse guys (and girls) behave yourselves for the next little while. :D

Thumper
09-16-2013, 02:00 PM
That is one BEAUTIFUL trip Johnboy. Lynn and I took off from L.A. for a roadtrip to Seattle once. We took Hwy. 1 all the way up to Leggett where we picked up 101 and pretty much followed the coast all the way up. You'd be hard-pressed to find nicer scenery ... well, except for Canuckia maybe! ;)

LJ3
09-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Have a great time and I hope you see what you're looking for. Most likely, it will let you know when you're there :)

BarryBobPosthole
09-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Have a good trip, Johnboy. Headed to the country to get y'all's heads together. sounds like the premise for a good tune.

BKB

Buckrub
09-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Drove from Seattle almost to Vancouver, once. Stopped at Snoqualmie, or however you spell it, and drove the rental car around a barricade, up a dirt road, and just sat on the side of a big rock looking at monster trees and a beautiful stream. Etched in my memory forever.

Arkansas is 3rd largest timber producing state........but Washington and Oregon are so far ahead it is amazing. The board feet in ONE tree out there is staggering.

Take pictures.

johnboy
09-16-2013, 08:11 PM
In Victoria right now and will be catching the Coho ferry tomorrow morning for a quick run to Port Angeles. After that, who knows. Might get down as far as the big redwoods which we'd both like to see.

johnboy
09-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Have a good trip, Johnboy. Headed to the country to get y'all's heads together. sounds like the premise for a good tune.

BKB

Going Up The Country by Canned Heat. Great song.

BarryBobPosthole
09-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Double like!
BKB

Niner
09-17-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm going where the water taaaayysts like wiiinnnne.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Luq3g47cbWI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bwana
09-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a great adventure john boy, color me jealous.