PDA

View Full Version : I gots a question for youse Kindle users ...

Thumper
09-19-2013, 12:52 PM
I have a Kindle here and don't know squat about these things. I bought it at an estate sale but they never found the box/papers/charger etc. ... so it's just the pad by itself. It shows a dead battery and hasn't got enough juice left to power up. I was going to order a charger on-line and throw it up on e-Bay, but I have no idea how these things work. Are they password protected? I mean, if I go to the trouble and expense to order a charger, will it even do me any good if I can't "open it"? If it does have a password ... is there a way to by-pass or change it if I have zero info on the previous owner? I figured buying it was a gamble, but I only paid a couple bucks for it. Heck, the Vera Bradley soft-case that came with it is worth more than I paid. Any ideas?

BarryBobPosthole
09-19-2013, 12:58 PM
The Kindle Fire HDs are down to $150 bucks nowadays so I doubt that old version 1 you've got there would be worth much. Maybe $20. You can contact Amazon and ask them how to set it up. I gave my old Kindle to my son and he moved it over to his account some way so I know it can be done. I just think the charger will cost more than you'll get for the Kindle.

BKB

Thumper
09-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Yep, before I bought it, I checked e-Bay to see what they were bringing ... which was just a hair above zilch. BUT ... it had a nice Vera Bradley case and I figured that was what I was actually buying. Heck, for $2.00 I won't lose anything. ;)

A new charger on e-Bay runs $6.00 including shipping.

BarryBobPosthole
09-19-2013, 02:09 PM
that's not too bad. Might be worth getting the charger and putting the whole package, cover and all up. That's what ebay does best. put people who need shit together with people thats got shit. Maybe there's a buyer for $25 bucks and you can make a ten fold profit after shipping.

BKB