PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Fishing

LJ3
09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
There's a rumor that we may be able to pursue the triple crown, the trifecta, the triple threat, the grand slam of this areas bass fishing. We may be able catch largemouth, smallmouth and striped bass all in one day. Plan is in the works. Execution is key. Luck will play a very important role as will skill and determination.... and staying awake. Staying awake definitely will help too.

Pond for big mouth, river for smallies, and on to the bay for stripers.

I think I may design a special patch to be worn by those of us who have what it takes to achieve this lofty and formidable goal in life.

We should start a fishing forum.

Bwana
09-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Though that sounds like quite the feat Len, it pales in comparison to my daughter's accomplishment on the 4th of July.

Catching multiple species during a given fishing trip is not big deal and I have been routinely involved where 3 or 4 species have been caught but that little turd caught SIX species of fish from the same spot. The catch included catfish, walleye, northern, freshwater drum, carp, and a short-nosed gar!

Gotta say though, I like your idea of creating a patch. Best of luck to you gents on reaching your goal.

Big Muddy
09-19-2013, 06:23 PM
How 'bout a trifecta of gar, carp, and spoonbill???.....does that count???....I can do that one!!! ;)

Captain
09-19-2013, 07:47 PM
I have done Largemouth Bass, Bream, Crappie, Jackfish (Chain Prickle) and Catfish in one day at one lake....

I've done big Stripers and Rainbow trout in one day out of the river.

I've done Stripers, Flounder and Skates out of one inlet in a day

I'd like to try some of them Gar or spoonbill fish sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HideHunter
09-19-2013, 08:07 PM
How 'bout a trifecta of gar, carp, and spoonbill???.....does that count???....I can do that one!!! ;)

You can't "do" spoonbill - spoonbill don't bite..

LJ3
09-19-2013, 08:25 PM
This is a bass trifecta exclusive to our area. Focus people!

Niner
09-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Sooooo.....Y'all will be kicking bass?

LJ3
09-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Beat the heck out of kissin' bass.

HideHunter
09-19-2013, 08:46 PM
This is a bass trifecta exclusive to our area. Focus people!

no

Captain
09-19-2013, 09:02 PM
What were we talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
09-19-2013, 10:00 PM
I beat Rick Clunn on the same river he was fishing in 1980 or whatever year he set the record for BassMasters weight. Course, it took a couple of fat drum to put me over the top. And I didn't have to stop at 3:00 pm like he did, either.

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2013, 09:14 AM
I take it there was no love on the SLam or we would have heard about it?

jb
09-24-2013, 09:27 AM
I caugh 3 different fish once, perch, bluegill and sucker, does that count ??
How about Coho Salmon, Chinook Salmon and Lake Trout, this happens many times, sometime you even add Brown Trout and Steelhead in the mix.

Big Muddy
09-24-2013, 10:01 AM
You can't "do" spoonbill - spoonbill don't bite..

Sure they do, Hide....they'll try to bite ya, when you're taking 'em outta the gill net. ;)

HideHunter
09-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Sure they do, Hide....they'll try to bite ya, when you're taking 'em outta the gill net. ;)

Unh uh.. they're usually dead in a gill net... One cool critter.

LJ3
09-24-2013, 10:58 AM
No love for the triple crown. Weather on the bay was prohibitive for striped fishing. So I rode along with an expert guide in a jet boat on the ribber. We fished new stretches of the river and boated 20 smallies.

Big Muddy
09-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Unh uh.. they're usually dead in a gill net... One cool critter.

At Lake Whitt, we used to run our boat in a tight circle, and the spoonies would jump right in the boat, just like those nasty Asian carp.
Spoonies aren't bad-eating, if they're dressed properly.

HideHunter
09-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Never heard of them jumping like that. They're not bad.. pretty oily. I actually prefer them smoked.

Big Muddy
09-24-2013, 01:09 PM
I was watching an outdoor show a few weeks ago, and some fishing guide was smoking up a bunch of spoonie fillets over the campfire....his clients went nuts over them.