PDA

View Full Version : New Scar

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2013, 09:31 PM
My high dollar microwave by Thermador shit in its nest this weekend. I doubt anybody who ever touched it ever pissed in a Thermador employee men's room. So I found another builtin that is the exact same dimensions only the mounting brackets, made of pig metal of course, were a bit different. In the course of drilling some new holes the drill bit grabbed and spun the bracket in my left (good) hand and sliced my thumb where the thumb meets the ball down to the bone. Lucky I can bend it so no tendon damage. So I was pissed. Washed it with alcohol and put about ten bandaids on it, something else they don't make like they used to. Got 'er done though and got my thumb rebandaged. Vodka helps immensely. A good buddy would bring me a gallon of wilderberry and take me fishing.
BKB

Captain
09-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Wilderberry will be ready in about a week... Can you wait till then? If not you would be forced to drink the last of last years "old" batch... :D
Get some superglue while that cut is fresh and glue that sucker shut. Works as good as stitches. Might need a little of that Vodka but it's worth a moment of sting...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Already done did dat. It sure felt good when it quit throbbin like a jaybirds ass.

Yeah, vodka and lemon juice makes it better.

BKB

Buckrub
09-23-2013, 11:19 PM
You need to hire this stuff done, dude. Or do it in the daylight.

I got a bad rap for hurtin' myself doin' stuff around here, but I dunno...........I ain't sure I deserve the crown.....

Hang in there. Hope you can type tomorrow. VP's need to be able to type, man. Someone is gonna notice this...............

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Seems like I can't do a chore without a blood sacrifice Bill. You know how it is. And no matter how much money I might make, it ain't right to hire some dufus to do what i can do myself. I'm a republican in that way.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Send some my way Cappy! I tore my knee all to hell backpacking this weekend and am afraid infection might set in without the proper medical treatment.

Buckrub
09-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I know how it is. Dagnabit, I do know how it is.

Captain
09-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Send some my way Cappy! I tore my knee all to hell backpacking this weekend and am afraid infection might set in without the proper medical treatment.
Shipping is impossible. You just gonna have to come and pick some up, oh and bring a fishing rod and rifle.. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Matt may have to handle the driving duties on the way home...

Niner
09-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Doggone Barry, do you not own a vise?
Or even better, a drill press?

Sorry you wounded yourownself, but you should know better than to try to hold a small hunk of metal in one hand and drill it with the other!! Didn't you do something similar not tooooo long ago?

Man! My thumb hurts just thinking about that.