PDA

View Full Version : Yo, Hank

Buckrub
09-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the Large World.

It ain't what your 1st rounders do........it's what your 15th rounders do.

Hang in there.

Cards01
09-24-2013, 08:19 AM
A good game it was with the correct outcome

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2013, 08:55 AM
It hurts being the first team out, but after 162 games you are what you are. Riddle me this though, what the hell did you all do tk the field at busch Stadium?

BarryBobPosthole
09-24-2013, 09:00 AM
They played some FCS football game there. I had no idea they even did that at Busch. Sure looked crappy didn't it? Normally it looks pretty cool with the arch cut into it.

Hey, who's in line to take Davey Johnson's place? Is there someone already pegged for it or will there be a search?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2013, 09:09 AM
There's some talk of moving the bench coach up. I suspect based on the under performance until the last month that won't be the case and there will be an open search.

Buckrub
09-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Some fool let some football team play there. First time, I think. Stupid idea. Worse that "Pooches in the Park", or "Stay over night with us in a tent" night.

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2013, 09:43 AM
So, they did that to the field so that 17 people could watch a couple of FCS teams play? That's some crazy-assed stuff right there.

Buckrub
09-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Preaching to the choir, bro.

Every player on the field was slipping and sliding.

Few realize it, but it's VERY hard to get grass to grow in STL area. It's in the 'humidity corridor' (although it always seemed to me that would HELP, but that's their reason for it), or something. To finally get a great stand in Busch and then let that happen is amazing. You could still see the yard marker outlines.

I was appalled.