PDA

View Full Version : I must be one charming ass lunch date!

LJ3
09-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Just got an offer for the job! BOOM! Great pay, great benefits, 20 minutes commute, great culture, nice team, everyone I've met was there because they wanted to be and felt appreciated.

I may not know how to act at this place!

Shout out to Foo for the awesome reference!

Big Muddy
09-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Congrats, Len!!!!!

(You musta not told 'em about the cats.) ;)

Cards01
09-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Great news headed into your weekend!!

Niner
09-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Great news, buddy!!
Now go out this weekend for your LAST fishing trip. The chain goes back on on Monday! :)

Bwana
09-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Great news buddy!

I assume you will but if not, I will be sure to raise my glass in celebration for you.

Again, congrats!!

johnboy
09-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Great news and congrats! Sounds like it might be a nice place to work.

Captain
09-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Great news Len! Congrats.
I'm sure you telling them that you knew me put it over the top! :D
I'll tip a Wilderberry drank fer' ya tonite....
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
09-27-2013, 06:26 PM
So did you have your burger with or without cheese? :bj

jb
09-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Glad it all worked out, sounds like you done good !!!!!!!!!
There is that saying "Things happen for a reason"

BarryBobPosthole
09-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Just in case you were ever doubting yourself in any of this, you're one of those salt of the earth people that makes the world worth living in, Len. And just in case you were wondering you don't need a job to confirm that. Your family knows it already!

And congrats on the job now that I've peed all over it. Proud of you, mah negro.

BKB

Thumper
09-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Wow! Great news! Did they give you a start date?

Arty
09-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Awesome!

FooBang
09-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Congrats, Len! I only told them that you were willing to work 24/7, on weekends and holidays and would never consider punching your boss in the throat. Other than that, I'm sure it was your skill. ;)

--Foo

Chicken Dinner
09-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Woot! Woot!

LJ3
09-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks Airbody, and BBP for the kind words. Being laid off will chisel away at your self esteem for sure and confidence follows quickly.... it felt like a lifetime but was really only 7 weeks. Looks like a start date of mid-October so hopefully I can fish a little more very soon!

Niner
09-28-2013, 05:32 AM
I am SO happy for you, Lenster!!!!!

Years back, you may recall I too was laid off from a company I'd been at for years. As it turned out they were moving all of their operations group (and product) out of the East Coast (Atlanta), and consolidating it all in their home office in Los Angeles.

They laid me off, and it was right at two months before I found my next job. That turned out to be a VERY long two months indeed! The funny thing was that just as my severance was about to run out, and the "Unemployment" start up....I got the call from the folks that I would work for until I got sick and had to "be retired". I'd still be there if I hadn't gotten sick. Heck! My old boss still calls and invites me to come out with them when they have a "group luncheon"....and I periodically drop by there an have lunch with some of my old friends there.

I said that to say this (dontcha hate that phrase!)... The company that laid me off was one of those companies that has the attitude of "your here to work 40 hours, be glad you've got a job". The outfit where I went to work at had a corporate culture where they viewed the employees as a valuable asset to them. It was like daylight and dark. They had (have) quarterly bonuses if they reach $X over their proposed budget, periodic catered luncheons for the entire plant (seems like it was about twice a year).....and the list goes on.

Every so often I'd run into someone who'd be bitching and raising Hell about how "bad" the company was to work for. I'd look them straight in the eye and ask "How long have you been here, bud?". They'd almost always say 10, 15...20 years. Then I'd ask if they'd ever really worked anywhere else. "Well, no....I started here right out of school/service/whatever". Then I'd tell them they should be grateful they hadn't worked in some of the $hit-holes I'd been in where you never knew from one day to the next if you'd have a job tomorrow. "The Light" would usually come on, and their attitude would turn around.....at least for a while.

I really am happy you've landed in a place that sounds a lot like that. I am 110% sure your quality-of-life will be 180° from what it has been in those other places you've been.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:headbang :bj :notworthy :beer :wiggle :wavey :friday (I wish I had a "party" smiley to insert here.)

HideHunter
09-28-2013, 12:15 PM
grats..

Buckrub
09-28-2013, 03:08 PM
I went six months. Was about 2 weeks away from losing house.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

one question: Do they let you surf nefarious sites whist working?

P.S.
Put all your salary into your 401k. Trust me on that one. :)