PDA

View Full Version : I would appreciate some info from any of you older guys

Buckrub
09-28-2013, 08:29 AM
If anyone has bought, or been approached to buy and turned down, Long Term Care Insurance, I'd appreciate it if you'd give me a call. I have some important questions I need answers to, and I can't get a straight answer anywhere.

Thanks.

jb
09-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Wife has it, I don't

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Its something I need to check into too at spme point. I just don't know when or how.Iknow I wished my Dad had had it when he got to the point he needed it.

BKB

Captain
09-28-2013, 08:41 AM
If the people selling it can't answer your questions, are you sure you could trust an answer from us on the consumer end???

My Mother and Father both purchased it years ago. BIG premiums each year and continue to rise. It is helping some with mom's situation now but not as easy to get help as it is to send in payments....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
09-28-2013, 10:23 AM
I had a reason to ask.

Thanks for the info.

Big Muddy
09-28-2013, 10:33 AM
After going thru the 6 year ordeal with both my parents, I purchased LTC for both me and wifey from MetLife....my parent's situation made us realize that we didn't want to place any financial burden on our kids, should we become incapacitated.

We should have purchased it when we were younger....however, I suppose it isn't for everyone, and your health has a LOT to do with the cost of your premiums....fortunately, we are both in real good health, and I pray that it stays that way for us for a LONG time.

And, yes, our premiums have steadily risen, each year, but not tremendously....there are various options and levels of coverage that were available....present premiums are about $2,600 per year for the both of us....we look at the cost, as an investment in our kid's future.

Bucky, no offense buddy, and only knowing a little bit about your health, I really doubt you will find a company to cover you....and, if they do, the premium is prolly gonna be VERY high.

Give MetLife a call, and check them out....their rep came to our home, sat down with us, and explained every single aspect of LTC.

Good luck with it, buddy.

P.S. You got my cell....I'm on the tractor, spraying Roundup, but will take a break, if you wanna talk.

Buckrub
09-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Met life quit selling it. They lost their shirt. Fifth paragraph:
http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insurance/long-term-care-insurance-too-pricey-1.aspx

I have a friend that sells it and he will explain and answer anything I want to know. That's not the issue.

I wanted first hand info from someone who has it, or who has tried to collect on it, and what they thought of it from a consumer perspective.

Thanks.

Chicken Dinner
09-28-2013, 05:15 PM
One of the things I really like about this place is that this comment isn't directed at me.

Captain
09-28-2013, 06:54 PM
I wanted first hand info from someone who has it, or who has tried to collect on it, and what they thought of it from a consumer perspective. Thanks.

Bucky that is a totally different question than you were asking in your first post which said.

"If anyone has bought, or been approached to buy and turned down, Long Term Care Insurance"

Which is the information I tried to address. I now understand that you

"have a friend that sells it and he will explain and answer anything I want to know."

Which would lend itself to answer what you were asking originally, making that question moot?

I just fail to see how someone that turned down LTC insurance would have experience with trying to collect on it?

I do have some experience with it and as I alluded to in my post it is much easier to pay than collect. When I get to good service I'll try to call you this week.

Big Muddy
09-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Agreed, Cap, I too thought I was addressing Bucky's question.

Bucky, personally, now I don't know what the h3ll your question is. ;)

Buckrub
09-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Too tired to think right now guys.

It's been a long week in many ways. Last few days have not been good.

I'm going to camp tomorrow night for a few days.....then the farm for a few days.

If I'm not making sense to you, I am sorry. Forgive me. I just wanted an idea of what this stuff is, what it costs, other stuff. Never mind. Right now, it doesn't really matter.

Gotta hit the sack. Mind is gone.

thanks for the help. Talk to you guys when I can.

Thumper
09-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Ummm, I'm beginning to think the avatar fits! :D

Captain
09-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Just trying to help but you sure make it hard to respond. Sorta like hitting multiple moving targets, don't know exactly which one to aim at....

You got a friend that sell LTC insurance and will answer all your questions... But you are looking for some of us that have turned down LTC insurance so we can answer questions on how hard it is to file a claim????

Niner
09-29-2013, 07:16 AM
I reckon I ain't OLD enough to comment on this.

Thumper
09-29-2013, 07:56 AM
I read the title yesterday and figured I was excluded, so I didn't read any farther ... then, today, I figured I'd drop in ONLY to see what all the commotion was about. :D

Captain
09-29-2013, 08:17 AM
This from the two oldest farts at the site... ;-)
Take Care, Captain

Buckrub
09-29-2013, 09:18 AM
There is a huge difference in a biased salesman telling you how things are, no matter how good a friend he is, versus folks that I trust that have actually gone through the process and have valid consumer comments. Yours above, for example, is very good information.

I didn't mean to be a moving target. I just reread my first post, and all I meant to ask was a general inquiry, if anyone had ANY info on the subject, I was all ears. Any info is good, from someone who thought of buying, someone who bought it, someone who filed a claim, someone who chose not to buy it...........ANY of those folks and their comments would be helpful.

That's all I meant, and asked for. And I appreciate the feedback very much.

Buckrub
09-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Thump, the avatar is "Mental Floss".

That's what this site is. I believe it does fit. That's why I chose it.