PDA

View Full Version : DANG! I drooled all over my pillow last night!

Thumper
09-29-2013, 10:17 PM
I was watching tv last night when an auto auction started up in Nebraska. I think I started watching around 10:00 - 11:00 pm and didn't quit 'til 3-hours later! The auction was yesterday AND today. There was a Chevy dealer in Nebraska who's had his dealership since the mid-40's. He didn't believe in selling anything but NEW cars. He had a huge farm and any trades he took in, ended up parked out in the fields on his farm. If he had left over inventory of new cars ... say, he still had '57 Chevies in stock when the '58's were released, all the NEW left-over 57's went into the fields (or the barn) also! He retired in the mid-90's and is 96 years old now. He FINALLY decided to sell off his "collection" ... all 500 of them! Something like 50 of them are "brand new" and still have the window stickers and plastic factory seat protectors on them. He kept the old dealership and many were stored inside there, but most were stored in the fields. They had to take out quite a few trees just to dislodge the cars that trees had grown around or sometimes THROUGH. Man-o-man, I was glued to the set all night. We were away all day today, so I missed the rest of the auction. :(

They had a whole fleet of 50's - 60's pick-ups that still had the window stickers on them. The Indy Pace Car Corvette in the video still had the window sticker and the "Pace Car" decal package (normally dealer installed) was still lying inside the car! They sold a '58 Cameo for $140,000! I think it had 1.5 miles on the odometer! Here is a short video with some of the cars.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kmCSv3wzOfU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are some more photos of the auction. (you can do a net search for more if interested)

http://www.ibtimes.com/lambrecht-auto-auction-pictures-vintage-chevy-mother-lode-draws-thousands-tiny-nebraska-town-1412432