PDA

View Full Version : Playoff time

BarryBobPosthole
09-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Once we get rid of Bud the Pud Selig next year there's some changes I'd like to see made. First, go back to 154 games. Make the wild card play-in a three game series, make the NLDS a seven game series like it should be, and make the Tigers play the Marlins on the last game of the year for the next ten years.
Somebody get on that will ya?
BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-30-2013, 09:48 AM
And, get rid of the unbalanced schedules. Way too big a price to pay for the monstrosity that is inter-league play.

BarryBobPosthole
09-30-2013, 09:49 AM
True! Forgot about that Selig inspired bit of stupidity.

Oh and move the Brewers to the AL and the Astros back to the NL where they belong.

BKB

DeputyDog
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM
It's going to be a short post-season for the Tigers if they don't get they bats working a lot better than they have been especially against the Marlins. I don't follow the NL at all so I'm aking you that do...were the Tigers that bad or is the Marlins pitching that good? I'm leaning towards the previous because of the Marlins record.

BarryBobPosthole
09-30-2013, 10:27 AM
I didn't follow the box scores of the other games they played against the MArlins, but suffice it to say the Marlins are pretty much a one trick pony and that is Jose Fernandez. Alvarez is a mediocre pitcher and I'm amazed the Tigers got no-no'd by him. When I saw the crawler saying he'd no hit them, I figured the Tigers were resting most of their starters.

I'm anxious to see how the Tigers pitching measures up against the Red Sox. Ought to be an interesting AL playoff series. I was sure hoping the Royals would sneak in as I think they're better than anybody thinks they are.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-30-2013, 10:54 AM
And what y'all think about $90/five years for HUNTER PENCE? You kidding me? Another old Lastro.

BKB

DeputyDog
09-30-2013, 01:03 PM
The Tigers were sitting a few, but the entire series the Tigs only scored 3 runs. I'd put the Tigers starting pitchers up against anyone in MLB. Scherzer has been incredible this years, Sanchez led the league in ERA, and Verlander is finally starting to look like previous years. It says a lot about a staff if Verlander is your #3.

I'd be surprised if the Tigers and Red Sox meet in the LDS. Cleveland is on fire and the Tigers don't seem to play well on the West Coast. I can see them losing to Oakland or the Indians beating the Sox to stop that meeting from happening.

BarryBobPosthole
09-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I hear ya. The A's and Redsox seem to be the teams to beat in the AL side. Nobody else has been as consistently good all year. You never know though in a playoff. And the Tigers have Jim Leyland. Was the last good manager of the Pirates, took the Marlin to the WS, and has good playoof experience. He's their edge I think.

BKB