PDA

View Full Version : Rays Are In

BarryBobPosthole
10-01-2013, 09:31 AM
I guess I may be fickle after all. There was a time in the late 70's and all the way up through 1990 probably that I followed the Rangers as close as I ever followed the Cardinals. I lived in the Dallas FTW area and access to see a Ranger ball game was easy as pie. Tickets for box seats behind home plate? No problem. I think they were like eight bucks in the old Arlington ball park. Horrible managers, trading away an all star team, all of those things that bad teams do. When I moved to Tulsa, I was a season ticket holder for our double A Texas affiliate and watched a line of all star players come though here. Pudge, Oddibe McDowell, Julio Franco, all of them. And now that they're successful I can't stand them. Ron Washington is a bonehead manager who cost them the 2011 World Series. Nolan Ryan and how he handled the Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz deals borders on criminal. I was actually pulling for the Rays to beat them last night.

Similar thing happened with the Cowboys. I used to be a fan. Now I'm not. I think it's ownership and managements (to quote Bucky) that are these team's biggest issues at least for me.

Anyway, congrats to Curt and the Rays! Do me a favor and knock the A's and Red Sox out of this race. They scare me.

BKB