PDA

View Full Version : A little mornig koolaid...

Captain
10-03-2013, 07:38 AM
As I said in the other thread and was told I was drinking koolaid the reason the unemployment rate SEEMS to be down slightly is because people are timing out (maxing out benefits) and just dropping off the count, and not looking for work.
Barry seems to like graphs so here some for ya'
Just looking at unemployment alone does nothing to paint the picture. Folks are now OFF unemployment but are not working. They are on all other type of welfare and food stamp programs while jobs continue to faultier. And Obama care is going to make MORE jobs go away.
It is my heartfelt belief that this president (and the national Democrat agenda) wants more and more people dependent on the government for their livelihood AND wants to unarm the people and then just control and lead.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Arty
10-03-2013, 07:51 AM
I missed the other post about drinking kookaid (just went back and caught up on it)
There is no doubt that the unemployment number is highly skewed because of the people that are no longer "in the system".

It's been a while since I seen it but I read that 4-5% that were on unemployment have maxed out and can't get it. And stil have no job.
THOSE people aren't included in the unemployment numbers.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Y'all believe whatever it is you wanna believe and I'll believe what I want to. And I'll bet that neither of us is 100% right.

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Agreed, just thought you might want a drink of the truth koolaid this morning. However I see you rather savor a cup of denial.

Thumper
10-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Sorry .. I can't help myself sometimes. In regards to welfare spending .... :lmao

What was missing in Japan?

There was an article in the US World Report regarding the orderly behavior of the Japanese citizens and the absence of looting after the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear nightmare. Social scientists were baffled by the total non-existence of looting and savage behavior in Japan considering the magnitude of this Catastrophe.

They conferred with human study Organizations as well as sociology Experts throughout the United States. Finally, after days and days of studies and meetings, they came to a conclusion.

Guess what was missing in Japan??
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The Entitlement Crowd!

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Sunshine, I'm fine. Its the Captain that's being stubborn as a mule.

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Can't we all get alone! It sucks right now!!! I know we ALL agree on that!!! What you talking about Sunny. This IS Posthole and I getting along. I don't know who enjoys it more me or him.... Probably me cause I'm right ;-)

Thumper
10-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Can't we all get alone!

Sunny wants to be an isolationist. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Y'all are gonna miss me when you don't have me to kick around any more some day.

But that day is a LONG time from now assholes!

BKB

Thumper
10-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Sunny ... oh, nevermind ... I forgot you live on the "Left Coast". ;)

Why does this thread remind me of watching CNN and FOX News side by side? :swordfight

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 08:39 AM
By the way Jim, Japan has universal health care, maybe that's why their welfare rolls are so small.

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 08:44 AM
By the way Jim, Japan has universal health care, maybe that's why their welfare rolls are so small. BKB Yep they sure do, and they are not taxed on their savings and investments either like we are. They are encouraged to save money AND invest in business. OVomit tax code is now calling for 52% of you earnings off the top! Plus taxed on what you buy, taxes on what you save, taxed on what you own, taxed on what you invest in......... On and on...

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Yes, its Obama's tax code and the previous 200 years have had nothing to do with it. At least not the Republican years. Right? I thought so.

All I know is the when the Republicans were in charge, my retirement savings were almost wiped out by the most insidious banking crimes in history. And all encouraged by the president on down. and when it was over, guess who blocked any kind of prosecution against the people who committed those crimes? The same Republicans who are in office today.

Keep on supporting them, Captain. they depend on folks like you who buy their story.

BKB

Thumper
10-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Barry;

By the way Jim, Japan has universal health care, maybe that's why their welfare rolls are so small.

Their health care costs are reasonable as hospitals are required to operate as non-profit businesses and "for profit" corporations are not allowed to own hospitals in Japan. Even clinics must be owned and operated by physicians.

I won't even get into the auto industry ... but maybe we should study their health care system a bit more closely.

Niner
10-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Can we please not talk about taxes. When Clinton was in office I had to BORROW money to pay the tax man.

Captain
10-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Barry it comes down to Republicans do what they have to do to dig us out if the hole that the Democrats put us in when they are in office. The hole this democrat congress and president has us in now will take forever to dig out of if it is even possible.
The debt has taken 200 hundred years to get to where it was when Obama took office, under both Republicans and Democrats, and he ALONE doubled it in 4 years. The same with gas prices. He went in office it was 1.79 a gallon. Now it's 3.59 plus where ever you go. If gas went up 5 cent under Bush the media was screaming like broke dick dogs about him paying back his oil buddies. Ding Dong has doubled the historic price in 4 years and not a peep out of the media.... If gas had doubled under Bush they would have hung him by the neck till dead on the Lincoln memorial..
There is a VERY basic difference.
Republican: work hard, save your money, keep your money, invest your money, take care of yourself and family and contribute to any good cause you choose, help those in need to the extent you can without injury to yourself and family.
Democrats: for those who work hard send us the money so we can send it this those who don't want to work. We can better decide where your money is needed. We are government so we will take care of everything.
That's the way I see it.

Niner
10-03-2013, 09:25 AM
I like Cap'n's Truthful Red koolade much better than BBP's Revisionary Blue koolade.

It's all George Bush's fault anyway. If he'd been half the sonofabitch Obama is the country would still be in great shape. He may not have been perfect, but the economy started tanking when the Dems got control of the legislative branch. And as Uncle Si says, That's a fact Jack.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 09:38 AM
HA! Obama is no peach that's for sure. But he didn't lie to us to get us into a war I still don't know why we went into. Al Quaeda wasn't there, WMDs weren't there, so why did we go there? And Afghanistan we went inot with no long term plan and we're still there. If you took the money we've poured into those shitholes and the money the big banks stole from us, we wouldn't be trying to dig ourselves out of this big hole we're in financially. And you find one honest republican anywhere that will own up to any of that. You're just as bad as the Bush bashers with blaming Obama for everything.

BKB

Penguin
10-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Hehe, I have stayed out of this one on every site I am a member of. Think maybe I'll step up and speak for just a moment. I'll preface this by saying that not only do I consider the ACA to be an abomination but I also think that the current HC system is too corrupt, too politically influential, and too far gone to save. I honestly believe we are going to have to blow it up and start over.

BUT, the current government shutdown is most assuredly NOT the proper way to handle it. It is extortion and nothing more. The far right extremists need to be bitch slapped and bitch slapped hard. Don't give them a god damned thing. Nothing. Nada. Don't even let them escape with their pride. Shut the motherfucker down, completely if that is what it takes. Tell the military to go home. Tell folks on SS to eat cat food for a while. Tell everyone and anyone drawing a federal check of any shape or form to hump sand. But whatever you do don't budge one inch.

If they succeed you are eventually going to see far left extremists take a shot like this at the 2nd Amendment, the Keystone Pipeline, or any other damned thing they disagree with. There is a proper way to deal with these disagreements and shutting down the government over a policy disagreement is not it. This is a product of having EXTREME jerrymandering in drawing up congressional districts. The latest few rounds of it have been so severe that the whackjobs have talked themselves into believing that their mindblowingly insanity is normal. It isn't. Not even close.

That said I have almost no faith the the President is the man to do what I wish. FDR was. He'd end up getting an apology out of the GOP over this one. After he got a hell of a bunch of them thrown out of office in the next election. But crippled and elderly he was twice the man Obama will ever be.

Will

Captain
10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Obama has lie to us about everything he's done so far.... He said he would not allow congress to pass any law before it was posted on the internet and all Americans had a chance to read it. LIE!
He, Reid and Pelosi said AHC had to be passed and THEN we could read it and see what it said...
He said if he could not turn the economy around in his first term he would not run for a second term... LIE
He said if you like your health care you can keep it LIE
He said if you like your doctor you can keep them LIE
He filled out paperwork and received government grants as a foreign born student while in college, listed his birthplace as Kenya. So he either lied about where he was born then or now. Either way he is a liar.

Bush was guilty of getting bad information perhaps. But I don think he purposely lied to start a war.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 09:54 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! That's rich. One man's lie is another man's 'bad information'. That's weak sauce. And to blame a trilliion dollar war on 'bad information' is kind of far fetched dontcha think? If it was bad information why didn't it get corrected when the 'good information' was known?

you're very quick to give the benefit of the doubt if the color of their voting bloc is the right one, i.e. red.

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 10:32 AM
And you are quick to sing the WMD song you've sang for the last 8 years.. Zzzzz
Guess when facts are proven you got to strike up that tune. Maybe next time we should just sing that sad chorus in the beginning and get it over with. It's the one string you got to pull, as thin as it is....
Take Care, Captain

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
At least I can carry a tune!

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Let's all sing Obama sent more guards to close a sidewalk memorial that is always open and has no buildings and has no staff or guards than he sent to help the folks in Benghazi....
Or a little stansa of Fast and Furious.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 11:53 AM
That shit gets recycled about as much as Miley's tongue.

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 01:55 PM
That shit gets recycled about as much as Miley's tongue. BKB
But not nearly as much as no-WMD's huh? You have beat that horse to death on here for 8 years.... Miley's tongue was only 10 then.... ;-)

Chicken Dinner
10-03-2013, 01:57 PM
You sound like my kids. Obama's lies are no excuse for somebody else's poor behavior.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah?

Well......FREDERICK FUCKING CHOPIN!!

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 02:23 PM
I know, let's have a spelling contest.... :D

Captain
10-03-2013, 02:32 PM
You sound like my kids. Obama's lies are no excuse for somebody else's poor behavior.

So we just need to shut up and continue to listen to his lies and not do anything about it.
Screw that.
If Americans did that we would still be under the flag of England. Remember those guys that started this whole thing by NOT accepting status quo.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2013, 02:35 PM
England has free health care though.

BKB

Captain
10-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Yep and crooked and rotten teeth, and people that work and not nearly half of there citizens are sucking off the tee of government.
But hay, I'm sure they or Japan either one got room for one more person. The plans are flying every day....

HideHunter
10-03-2013, 02:49 PM
rotflmao... :lmao damn, Barry said, Oh Yeah!... Fredrick.. so on and so forth.. glad it wasn't two hours later or I'd have had Jeremiah Weed up my nose. :notworthy