PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed

Arty
10-04-2013, 07:18 AM
If a feller that primarily uses live bait to fish with was gonna be doing some fishing in the near future in a South Carolina pond, what kind of artificial bait for bream and largemouth would you suggest?

Oh by the way, nice place over here, didn't know there was a fishing forum.

Bwana
10-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Given the extensive southern fishing experience that I have (read: none) my suggestion would be poppers in a variety of sizes or probably better yet...whatever Cappy tells you to use. :)

Best of luck and be sure to let us know how the trip turns out.

HideHunter
10-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Jigs with 1" twister tails for bream and.. Bass . wow.. bet it's hot down there.. Grass Rat if they have any weeds or Plastic worms on the bottom.

Now - that said.. I have been lucky enough to fish around the country some and I've found.. Bwana's theory has merit. Ask a local (you can trust) what to bring or - say, "Figure on time for me to go buy what I need when I get there." Good Luck..

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2013, 08:55 AM
4" or 5" Kinami flash in chartreuse and white. Rig it on a Gamakatsu # 2 EWR hook.

BKB

Buckrub
10-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Idiots.

Those ponds require crickets.

Captain
10-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Seems like I remember a feller named Bucky several year ago that told me he had a magic bream lure he was gonna bring to my farm and out fish me 3 to one. Even told me I'd be turning the crickets loose.
I think in about 20 minutes you cut your magic lure off and we ended having to drive to town several times that week to buy more crickets.
But I guess you don't remember that either. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
10-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Yamamoto Senkos, dark colors, 4" for bass, 3" for bream. Rig 'em weedless on an offset hook. No weight. Don't listen to anyone else. Except Cap'n when he tells you the little red Senkos I left him with one day on the river.