PDA

View Full Version : Well, Cap, are you moist???....

Big Muddy
10-07-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm doing the best I can to push that moisture on to you....radar looks like you gonna get some rain that you've been wanting.

The front dumped tons of rain down here over the weekend....I wasn't wanting it right now, and got lucky with only one inch.

Some places around the river got over 7 inches....we were fishing at Chicot over the weekend, and the lake rose about 6 inches overnight....had to raise the pontoon lift the next morning because it was nearly floating.

Hope the front drops some much-needed moisture on ya, Cuz!!!

Captain
10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Just sprinkles so far. And we need every drop of it. That storm was bad Ju-Ju it's part of the TD meeting up with that front Sunny sent our way cross country. Yesterday morning our horse trainer from Shelbyville TN was on his way home from the big show in Ohio and crashed in the rain just inside Ky. He was killed along with 3 of the 5 horses in the trailer. We are talking GOOD horses here. Sad he's been our family trainer all his life and his dad was our trainer before him. 51 years old with two kids. I think JB has met him here before. Good guy and just a slip on I-71 got him.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/emergency-crews-respond-to-crash-on-i71-involving-truck-horse-trailer/-/17405428/22303236/-/8wypmx/-/index.html

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
10-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Cap, that is just horrible news....my prayers go out to family and friends.

BarryBobPosthole
10-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Terrible terrible news, Larke. I'm sorry to hear it.

BKB

Captain
10-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Yea, I feel for his family and for my Mother and Father as they were extremely close. As I said this trainers father was our trainer and then the son took over 20 years or so ago... I was never "in" to the whole horse thing but of course was raised at shows about every weekend and grew up with Jeff as we were close in age. Any shows on the east coast Jeff would stay at or farm and board the horses here and I think he was here once when Jerry and Kay were here. We were lucky in that our horse is with fold now and was not showing this past weekend. Mom of course wants to go out to Shelbyville to be with them but neither of my parents can make that trip even if I were to drive them out.

Take Care, Captain

Thumper
10-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh man that's terrible news. Sorry to hear it. Which brings up another related subject ... I understand Randy is recovering nicely. That was a close one for him.

Arty
10-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Wow. You just never know. Poof- in just a second it can all change.
Very sad news

Chicken Dinner
10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Larke. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Niner
10-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Blast! That's some bad news for sure. Sorry to hear about this. Prayers going out for comfort for his family and friends.

Captain
10-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks all, pretty tough on my Mom and Dad. They were very close. Normally they would be out there but due to health reasons they are able to go and I think that is bothering them both. Randy is better but had a bad set back about 3 weeks ago. I did not mention it as it was not "released" but he is doing better and rehab coming along good. I talked to him last week and his new album, Influence Vol. 1: The Man I Am is pre selling very well.

Today is a day that reminds us there are a lot of things to be thankful for....

Take Care and thanks, Captain

jb
10-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Larke, I do remember him, nice guy. That really sucks, we missed that storm driving back from Missouri on Sat.
Prayers go out to his family and your's.

Captain
10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Glad y'all missed the storm. So far it's been a "dry" rainstorm for us. 0.08 is all. Not even a tenth.
I thought he was out here a couple of years ago when you and Kay were here. Seems like he was bringing one of our brood mares home and had other horses with him to. He was a heck of a good trainer and one super feller to be around. Looks like I may have to go haul some horses back here from Shelbyville in a couple of weeks.
Take Care, Captain