PDA

View Full Version : WTFO?? Hey "Secret Committee"!

Thumper
10-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Did we take on advertising on the site? All of a sudden, when I click on the GH logo (either here on the page or on the home page), it sends me to this link:

http://0c5b238b.linkbucks.com/url/http://www.goodhunting.info/forum.php?_lbGate=277441

I have to hit my "back button" in order to avoid it. When did this happen? It's kind'a a PITA, but I suppose I could simply get out of the habit of hitting the logo and simply use the back-button. The big question is, was this a result of a "hack"? Or did we "sign-up" for it?

Captain
10-08-2013, 07:27 AM
We don't sign up for anything like that. I'm gonna see if it does the same thing for me. BRB

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Arty
10-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Told ya thump.

Captain
10-08-2013, 07:31 AM
I had to go to the Safari browser on the iPhone to give it a try. Everything works good on Forumrunner...
This is what I got when trying to access with Safari.
" Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/40/9553740/html/index.php on line 23"

Thumper
10-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Huh? Told me what???

Thumper
10-08-2013, 07:33 AM
I dunno Cappy. I wonder if Crow9 was messin' around this morning and hit a wrong button? He's kind'a senile ya' know? ;)

Captain
10-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Just re-tried on the browser and cannot get to the site at all. Must be the hack job or a new hack job...
Hum....

Captain
10-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I dunno Cappy. I wonder if Crow9 was messin' around this morning and hit a wrong button? He's kind'a senile ya' know? ;)

LOL. Could be. But I can only access the site through Forum Runner. I cannot get here on Safari.

Arty
10-08-2013, 07:42 AM
I sent you a text you 10 minutes before you posted this. I had the same problem but I finally went into my history on Safari and found the page and it let me in that way.

Captain
10-08-2013, 07:48 AM
How do I find the history on Safari on the iPhone Arty? I cannot access the site on Safari at all.
Forum Runner on the iphone is working fine.

Captain
10-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Found a place to clear history but not to view history under Settings, Safari....

Captain
10-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Found it and it worked. I'm back on with Safari.

Arty
10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Click on the book (where your bookmarks are in safari browser)
History should be one of the Options

Thumper
10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
So, when you're on Safari, what happens when you click on the logo?

Arty
10-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Thump. It takes you to the add site

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Ha! I just got all your texts Artie. I didn't realize my phone was still in the bedroom and I'm in my office. Duh!

Same here though ... I can't get on through Safari either.

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:03 AM
So, when you're on Safari, what happens when you click on the logo?

Yep what Arti said... It takes me to the shopping or whatever site... Linkbucks or something.

I just text Conine.

He said a bad word... ;-)

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Yep, I just tried to get on with Safari also and can't. I cleared my history (I think) and still can't get on. With my PC, I get on the site ok, just can't get past that page without hitting the back button, which is a PITA since it takes me back through my posts, etc. before getting back to the page.

Should we wash C09's mouth out with soap? ;)

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Well crap! I cleared my history "again" and still can't get on with Safari. What am I doing wrong? I simply went to Safari ... then clicked on the "book icon" which brings up my history, then I hit "clear". I still can't get through.

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:12 AM
You should not have cleared your history Numbnuts. That was the only way to get back to a workable link in Safari. Now you are dead in the water on Safari.

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:17 AM
You should have clicked on VIEW history and clicked on any "old" GoodHunting link from several days ago and they would have brought you in.
But now you have cleared all them so you are toast till it can get fixed.
Or download Forum Runner.

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Well, you said this:

Found a place to clear history but not to view history under Settings, Safari....

Then Arti said this:

Click on the book (where your bookmarks are in safari browser) History should be one of the Options

So, I cleared my frigging history! Dang! I'm locked out on the iPhone. :(

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Yes that's what I said. I said I found a place to clear history (but I don't want to do that) so I was Asking Arty where to VIEW history.
He said he went back in his history and clicked on a old link and it brought him in. Any pUMpHEAD would know if you clear it you cannot go back and then use it.....

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Oh.

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Are you SURE the misunderstanding with HP was on THEIR end? ;-)

Arty
10-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Pumphead

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Hey bite me! Excuuuuse meeeee if I'm accustomed to using stuff that actually works as it's supposed to. I guess you get that way after driving nothing but Toyotas for 30 years. :D

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:33 AM
I think you owe HP an apology... Just sayin' :D

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Somebody is futzing with us and it pisses me off.
BKB

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:38 AM
It's prolly some of them HP folks Thumper pissed off. They just playing a little get even with the American Redneck.... :-) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:46 AM
You better be nice to me 'cause I'll be there for a personal visit on the 25th and I'm bigger than you ... no wait, that's no big deal, EVERYBODY'S bigger than you! :D

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Yea, but I'm plenty wirey....

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:49 AM
More like cross-wired! Actually, I think you have a SHORT in your wiring! :D

Ha ha ha! I crack myself up sometimes! :D

Niner
10-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Damnit to Hell!!!
Well.....its something new....I think.

I'm no Network Security professional, but I'm gonna hunt around and see if I can find it.
I KNOW it was working FINE laaaaate last night!

It LOOKS like they've somehow done a re-direct on the index page.
www.goodhunting.info/index.php

I already did a quick look at the FTP site and it LOOKS ok....but........Hell I don't know.

Gonna look in the AdminCP and see what I can see.

I wish to Hell I could figure out HOW they are getting in!

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I sure don't know ... I'm just the Accountant/Treasurer! ;)

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't know how we can safe up the password to the admin part any better than we did the other week. Just don't know how they are redirecting stuff.
They sure spend a lot of time hacking at our little site with no more traffic than we have. Looks like they would move on to a site that has much more hits.... Who the hell knows.
Let's blame it on Kribbs. He's upset the tech support gods this week.

Thumper
10-08-2013, 09:10 AM
They sure spend a lot of time hacking at our little site with no more traffic than we have. Looks like they would move on to a site that has much more hits.... Who the hell knows.

I have no clue how this stuff works. Surely they'd do something more like a "blanket hack" ... where they find a way to hack a zillion accounts at once. Either that or we have a major weakness the other sites don't have. I'm with you ... why hack a site with a small handful of active members? I wish there was a way to check with Go-Daddy to see how widespread this is.

Captain
10-08-2013, 09:24 AM
From what I can tell they just redirected the image "logo" to that Linkbucks site. I certainly am no one that knows HOW that was done but it almost seems to me that somehow they did it without getting into our account? Wonder if it is possible to do that from the outside?
I mean I have a vested interest in the security of the site in that's it's my credit card that runs it and is on file. So I don't want anyone snooping around in there. The password we "safed" up the other week was as strong as the software would allow with all the suggestions they make.
I have not logged back into the admin part since. I know Niner has and tweeted some stuff. Wonder if they are going in through his log on from his computer? In other words when he's in there, there is a program that is running on his computer that allows them to work in the dark?
I'm guessing at stuff now but it sure don't add up to all the work to hack a site where 20 or 30 folks bullshit all day....

Niner
10-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Well, I can't find anything obviously goofy in the FTP site or the AdminCP.

Gonna try a couple of things yet.....

Cap'n, I MAY have to see if I can get you to call GoDaddy. Would you be able to do that today?
I'll send you an email in a little bit with what I've found so far.

This really ticks me off.

Captain
10-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Test:
Gonna try to post this from Safari.
When I click the GoodHunting logo it is going to the Linkbucks site...
When I type www.goodhunting.info or .com directly into the address bar of Safari and entr I get this:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/40/9553740/html/index.php on line 23

End of posting test from Safari.

Captain
10-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Niner. I'll be home to a real computer this afternoon. Got to count calves and feed up and a couple of odd and ends.
Should be able to call late this afternoon or tonight.
Take Care, Captain

Thumper
10-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Yeah! This Pumphead hasn't been on the admin site in ages .... let's blame it on Niner! :D

It's prolly Sunshine ... she has a "thing" when it comes to hacking. ;)

Niner
10-08-2013, 09:50 AM
OK.......I reloaded the index page from my backup hard drive.
That's the yellow page with the GH logo on it.
Now...FOR ME anyway...That page loads (www.goodhunting.info)...but still goes to the ad site when the logo is pressed.

The redirect is on http://www.goodhunting.info/forum.php

Niner
10-08-2013, 09:54 AM
AAANNDDDDD........now my Trend antivirus is labeling that site as malicious. Just friggin' fantastic!

Thumper
10-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Prolly nails yer ass if you click on their site.

I don't really want to go back to it, but if memory serves me correctly, it had some sort of "count-down" ... like it would automatically take you there if you waited x-amount of seconds. I never stayed long enough to see what it did once the count-down hit zero.

Niner
10-08-2013, 10:45 AM
I called GoDaddy and talked to one of their cheerful tech support staff.
I *think* I know what we (I?) need to do to fix the problem(S).

Thumper
10-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Well, get to work man! What do you think we pay you for? ;)

Niner
10-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Well.........I've got a bandaid on it for now.

Will have to fix it when Cap'n gets back this afternoon.

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Thank you, Niner.

BKB

Thumper
10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, thanks Bill. Out of habit, I clicked on the logo a minute ago. I see where you took down the link and added a personal note. We'd be pretty screwed without your efforts around this joint.

I'm gonna suggest to management we give you a 10% - 15% raise over your present salary! :D

Thumper
10-08-2013, 01:12 PM
On a side note .... is this place just extremely slow today? Or do ya' think some people are locked out?

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I guess we'll have to cancel offshoring his job to that guy, Nueve in Mexico. Sure sounded like a good idea at the time!

BKB

Thumper
10-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Well, I got to know a few people in India pretty well over the past few days. I could prolly get one'a them to work a bit cheaper. Hey, money is money! ;)

DeputyDog
10-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I had been trying to get in earlier and had the same problem. My bet is it's the NSA. Who else would worry about our little band? We've joked about being on watch lists because of the stuff we post, so maybe this is their way of slowing us down because our collective intelligence and common sense is a threat to the administration. :lmao:lmao :usa2:usa