PDA

View Full Version : Anybody interested in this here thang? (it's from Okieville)

Thumper
10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I bought an old "hay barn pulley" at an estate sale recently and finally got around to snapping a few photos. I'm gettin' ready to throw it up on "The Bay" 'cause they seem to sell pretty well and bring a some decent coinage. If'n anyone here wants it, I'll cancel the auction. I think it's kind'a cool and rustic, but some o'youse country boys may have a pile of 'em for all I know. As far as I can tell, it's cast iron with a wood pulley and marked "Myers, Ok." (it's about 11" X 6 1/2" X 3" and HEAVY)

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't believe there is a Meyers, Oklahoma. I think that pulley is part of a hay trolley that was made by a company called F.E Meyers, based in Ohio. Was the Meyers O.K. Hay Trolley or somesuch.

BKB

and PS I think that is a early 1900's type deal so it might be worth some denero. Check it out.

Thumper
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Well dang! Thanks for the info. I'll research it. Yep, I see the OK is actually O.K. - which would make a difference. I'll study up on it a bit. BUT .. you're about as observant as I am ... it's Myers, not Meyers. ;)

Thumper
10-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the correction P-hole. That's one of the fun things about picking up this kind of crap and trying to resell it ... it's a learning experience when you research it to see what persactly ya' have in yer hand.

Here's a pretty neat and interesting history lesson on F.E. Myers if anyone's interested.

http://www.farmcollector.com/equipment/history-F-E-Myers-and-Bro.aspx#axzz2h9AeJLsQ

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Haha. I saw Ohio and immediately my brain saw 'Meyers' as in URBAN MEYERS.

BKB

Captain
10-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Damn you QUIT posting all these old tools on here.
I'm gonna have to start walking the street to pay for all this stuff....
I don't want too but I'll probably pass on this one.
I want it and I NEED it but have no use for it and need to stop somewhere

Thumper
10-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Man-o-man! That there thang would look REAL nice hangin' on one of your out buildings. But that's ok, I'm sure somebody on eBay will jump all over it. :D

Captain
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
It sure would. But what I NEED to do is let you haul about a zillion pieces of stuff I've got like that around here and sell them for me and we split....
Neither of my youngins seem to have any interest in that type of stuff and I have collected all my life. Guess I could invite frank and mike by on their next trip south.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
10-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Ha ha! Should I rent a U-Haul for the return trip when I get up there? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Where it'd look best is hanging over some old well with a rope and a bucket.

BKB