PDA

View Full Version : People are Strange

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 04:02 PM
I just had a lady come to the door with a nice sweet little dog on a leash. she said the dog had been chasing squirrels over in fron tof someone's house and so she went out and 'rescued' the dog and wanted to know if I recognized the dog. Nope, I didn't and so she mentioned one of her dogs had an immune disorder and she didn't know what she was going to do and could I take the dog. No, I said I didn't need another dog and so off she went with her nose in the air and said 'Sorry to have bothered you.'
I haveta admit I did feel just a tad bit bad for about a second, maybe two before I just got a little pissed.

But, as Bob Dylan says, "People are strange"

BKB

Bwana
10-08-2013, 04:13 PM
BBP - I had a similar thing happen this past spring. We were just on our way out the door when the doorbell rang. I opened the door to find some gent holding some little yapper-type dog. He said that he found it running out by the highway near our place and wanted to know if we knew who's dog it was. I had no idea and told him as much. He said he didn't live around there so wondered if we would take the dog in case the owner came looking for it. He wasn't very happy when I said, sorry but no thanks.

I had forgotten all about that until just now.

Maybe eddie will take the pooch, it sounds like it has potential to be a helper for Sandy.

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Kind of a homely looking little dog with jowls and black hair. Reminded me more of Larke. I think it was the grey on its face that reminded me of the Captain.

BKB

Thumper
10-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Reminded me more of Larke.

Would it look at you? Or was it always looking someplace off in the distance? :poke

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Come to think of it, it did kind of have that 1000 yard stare thing goin' on. Kind of like it was looking at a jet contrail or something.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-08-2013, 05:10 PM
And then, you read something like this and your faith in humanity is restored yet again. Until the next dog lady comes along.
BKB

http://www.newson6.com/story/23639114/skiatook-soccer-team-s-goodwill-gesture-overwhelms-oologah-team-hit-by-tragedy

Captain
10-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Kind of a homely looking little dog with jowls and black hair. Reminded me more of Larke. I think it was the grey on its face that reminded me of the Captain.

BKB

You and Thumper can bite me....

Thumper
10-08-2013, 06:32 PM
:wiggle :lmao