PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the DECADE

Captain
10-09-2013, 04:43 PM
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here". Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren . America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better"

Senator Barack H. Obama , March 16, 2006

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LW
10-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Posthole chimes in in 3-2-1......

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
No, he's exactly right. We need to get rid of the whole shootin' match. they're all liars. Larke just thinks those tea party people aren't a bunch of lyin' mofos like the rest. You can tell they're lying because their lips are moving.

BKB

Captain
10-09-2013, 05:07 PM
They all lie, but never, ever, not even Klinton have we ever seen a lier like OBummer. He will climb a tree backwards to get to tell a lie when he could stand flat footed on the ground and the truth fit better! There is no question he will go down as the worse president ever. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2013, 05:44 PM
This reminds me so much of the Clinton years, and yes Clinton was one of my favorite presidents. But what reminds me of the clinton years is that the Republicans hated him so much that they went to any lengths to hurt him and in fact made some very stupid platform decisions that were essentially exactly where Clinton wanted them to go. He manipulated that hatred better than any politician I've ever seen.

Republicans ain't got good sense when it comes to that stuff. Too flighty. They wanna jump on Facebook and start flaming away.

BKB

Niner
10-09-2013, 06:07 PM
The problem is, as my Mrs says.... The Republicans just won't fight dirty like the Democrats do.

I'll give the Dems this, they stick together like stink on shit. If the party line is that the sky is chartreuse, and it's raining meat balls.....then by golly every single one of the dems....to the last man...will be on record stating how fantastic the chartreuse sky is and how tasty the damned meat balls are. Then they all go out back an ride their pet unicorns.

Captain
10-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Bingo Co-9.

"Republicans hated him so much that they went to any lengths to hurt him and in fact made some very stupid platform decisions that were essentially exactly where Clinton wanted them to go."

Name one?
Take Care, Captain

Captain
10-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Being the noticer that I am you just said that Klintons platforms were stupid...

"made some very stupid platform decisions that were essentially exactly where Clinton wanted them to go."

So Clinton had some stupid platforms and he got them to go along with his stupid platform.....

Still waiting for an example.....

Chicken Dinner
10-09-2013, 06:33 PM
No way. Clinton was way worse. Maybe not on a political level, but on a personal level he demeaned the Office of the President I'm an attempt to cover up his personal short-comings.

Captain
10-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Yep and he was rightly impeached.

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Well, for one thing he reformed Welfare. Lok up TANF. That should have been a Republican driven deal. But no. All they can do is argue for the status quo. It wasn't until the economy tanked under Bush that they undid them. There hasn't been that low of welfare numbers since.

BKB

Captain
10-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Reagan slashed Welfare in 1981. If the economy "tanked" under Bush I guess that was Clinton's fault.
And if you call what happened then as Tanked then there is no description what's it's done in OBummer. Because those were wonderful times by today standards.

Niner
10-10-2013, 08:11 AM
..... It wasn't until the economy tanked under Bush .......BKB

Actually, Barry.....and I'm trying hard not to be political here....The "tanking" came AFTER the Senate and House came under control of the Dems and the "honorable" Reid and Pelosi. While not perfect, things were pretty good during the Bush years....up until then.

However, Bush is blamed for the economy "tanking"......just as Obama will be remembered for "causing" this Govt Shutdown. In 10 years, the average Joe won't even remember who the players in this thing were...but they will remember who was the POTUS at the time. The POTUS that shut down the National Parks....that's gonna be his legacy.

DeputyDog
10-10-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure about that part Niner. How many of us here honestly remembered that the government was "shut down" what was it, 17 years ago or so?

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Yep, Newtie shut it down and then it was goodbye Newtie.

BKB