PDA

View Full Version : Somebody needs to....

Captain
10-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Shoot something, catch a fish, or generally do some outdoor stuff....
Perhaps we can go back to the AO days and fight about the "best caliber for deer" :D
I spent all day on a bulldozer and will again tomorrow. Other than taking a break to catch up here from time to time and help enlighten you dufes....
The weather is getting cool so I'm ready to start hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Keith and I went fishing this past weekend at an old city lake in a little town in NE Oklahoma. Just a really scenic
little lake we have fished before with not much luck. This time we didn't kill them with numbers but we were both in double digits and Keith had a couple of really nice sized little toad. 2'11 I think was the big one. Was the prettiest day of the year I think. The wind was up a bit and caused a few Bipolar Ivans, which aren't as bad but almost as bad as a full on Crazy Ivan

BKB

Captain
10-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Were they hitting on top? Conine and I had a lot of luck late in the afternoons on Top Water baits. The weather was hot and they were chasing minnows. Made for some fun fishing for about 2 hours late in the day. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2013, 09:42 PM
We didn't either one of us try a topwater. Buzzbaits have alwaiys been a good october bait for me. We talked about it for next trip. The water was still pretty warm. That's likely changed a bunch this week and should trigger some real activity.
BKB

quercus alba
10-09-2013, 10:14 PM
we've got a five day doe only hunt starting Saturday. Probably see a wall hanger passing thru. Maybe a doe will act a fool and walk out

Arty
10-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Funny you should mention that! I plan on doin' both here right shortly!