PDA

View Full Version : Red Birds and the LA Dodgers

Fido
10-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Her's hopin the Birds stomp the dog shit outa the LA LA land dummies! Woulld like tooo see a Detroit Card world series just like 68!

Thumper
10-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Great to see you check in Fido! I guess we know what subject drags you in here now! :D

(don't be such a dang stranger!)

Fido
10-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Been in the hospital, bad case of bronchitis, lost 16 lbs., had it tooo loose. Got 41/2 bags of IV, was somewhat dehydrated.

Thumper
10-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Well dang dude! Glad to hear you're on the mend. Hope all is well from this point forward. We miss you around this place. You doing anything with that racecar this season?

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Gee willickers, Fido that's some bad stuff there. That bronchitis is tough. Its been a long time since I had it but after a real bad bout with pneumonia once, I got it every time I got a bad cold. Prolly for five years after at least. NEver bad enough to go to the hospital though.

Sure glad its over now though! Sit back and eat some gameday food and put that weight back on watching the Cards beat those left coast version of the Yankees with all of their prostitute players they bought.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Haven't been a Cards fan, since the days of Lou Brock....diehard Braves fan, now....however, I'd love to see the Cards take it all the way, now, since those left coast Dodger corndogs fubared the Braves. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2013, 10:03 AM
There have been some Braves that I've liked, Bobby Cox and that trio of pitchers they had back in the day for example but I've never cared for the team. Especially that tommyhawk chop crap their fans do. Most of the people I know that are Braves fans around here like them because there was a time when the Braves were about the only team regularly on TV. And that's because of Ted and his loverly wife at the time, neither of whic I'd give you a plug nickel for.
So I don't hate 'em, but I sure like to make fun of 'em to me buddies who do, and surprisingly there are a ton of Braves fans here in Okieland.

BKB

And here's some trivia....Bobby Cox is one of the very few third basemen who made a good manager. there just ain't very many of them.

DeputyDog
10-10-2013, 10:34 AM
The Cards/Tigers also played each other in the World Series in 1934 and 2006 as well.

Big Muddy
10-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Their most beloved player, now-retired Chipper Jones, isn't so beloved anymore....he got on the Braves radio station, and picked the Dodgers to win it in four games over the braves....which they did.

His prediction mighta been correct, but that didn't sit well AT ALL with the Braves players.

He was asked to throw out the first pitch, and all of the players were pizzed, and refused to catch his first pitch....they had to get the day'um mascot to catch it.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Man, that's sacrilege. Chipper Jones is a HOF'er some day and could have played for anybody but CHOSE to stay and play for his team, the Braves. Its sad to see them treat him that way. Hell, some of the shit Hank Aaron has said over the years was bad too but you don't see Atlanta players badmouthing him.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I can see the player's point of view....his lack of faith in them....he shoulda just bit his lip, and said, "BRAVES WIN---BRAVES WIN !!!

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2013, 11:24 AM
and as good as he was, I suppose there's the 'they're not as good without me' part of it too. He couldn't help but feel that way.

The Dodger are a bought and paid for team owned by a basketball player who has AIDS. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-10-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't hold the aids thing against them, but do the bought and paid for. Just no way I'm rooting for the Yankees West.