PDA

View Full Version : Taking A Break....

Niner
10-10-2013, 11:29 AM
All this politix talk of late has got me riled up and my "good vibes" out of whack.

My friggin' back is KILLING ME this morning, and my meds are barely putting a dent in it! Gonna take a break from all things politic for a few days. Not even gonna turn on the damn news. Ain't shit I can do about the goings on in DC anydamnedway except vote when the next election comes around.

Gotta get my back straightened out. We've got to finish bush hogging the food plots at The Farm, and till and seed them on Saturday.

jb
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I think time in a chair on the deck is due, enjoy, get better

Niner
10-10-2013, 11:51 AM
LOL!!! That's persakly what I've been doing this morning. Sittin' on the deck watching the birds and such. I'm lovin' this cooler weather.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Amen to that Niner. Me too! Besides it's time for college football and baseball this weekend. Much more important matters to consider, like "What we gonna eat??"

Big Skyz
10-10-2013, 12:06 PM
...or a little trip down to the pond. Take a lawn chair, fishing pole,...and turn off your phone.

quercus alba
10-10-2013, 12:07 PM
might just do a big old ham this weekend. Or maybe I'll do those deer ribs in the freezer

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2013, 12:22 PM
You'll have to clue me in on those deer ribs, QA. I've never had much luck with them.
BKB

quercus alba
10-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Deer ribs are easy posthole. I just salt and pepper them them real good and put them in a casserole dish about 1/2 full of water and slice up an onion and a few cloves of garlic on top of them. Cover it with tinfoil and put it in the oven overnight at about 175-200 degrees. After 7 or 8 hrs I take them out very carefully (falling apart tender) and put them on a rack or in another dish and let them cool off at room temperature. Slather them with your favorite BBQ sauce and throw them on the grill long enough to for the sauce to get good and tacky. Serve with tater salad and baked beans or use in a sandwich. As good as pork and not near as greasy.

I usually save the broth and make a big ole stew with it.

melt in your mouth tender.

Captain
10-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Hook up your back recharger.... Don't reckon you over did it here last week did ya? Or perhaps the drive to and from. Relax a while and give them top water baits a whirl around your place. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
10-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Interesting QA, all the venison ribs I've every tried left a film of "tallow" or somesuch in yer mouth. Especially if ya have a big ol' glass of iced tea with 'em.

Cap, I ran my shocker for a couple of hours last night. I THINK what the deal is, is I'm holding water. My feets and ankles are swollen, and I'm pretty sure from past experience for whatever reason that causes me to also "hold water" in the surgery area. At least that's what I think is going on. I do not think I "overdid it" last week....if anything I think all that exercise HELPED me. Gotta get straightened out by Sat so I can play at The Farm....THAT'S some good therapy.

quercus alba
10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
co9, that's what cooking them in the water does, takes all that fatty taste out of them.