PDA

View Full Version : My Morning Rant

Captain
10-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Before the Deers get here...

This is an attempt to explains why I feel the way I do about things. Let's say a hundred years ago there were a hundred people in America pulling a wagon towards a common goal of just having a good life.

At some point it became necessary (a very real need) for some of the folks pulling the wagon to have to go on disability. So let's say out of the 100 folks 10 of them became truly disabled and needed to get in the wagon.... I have absolutely NO problem with that.

But what has happened over the past hundred years is out of the 90 left pulling the wagon a LOT of them have decided its better to ride in the wagon than to help pull it. This brings us to the point we are today. 40 more folks have jumped in the wagon that really don't need to be there, leaving only half to pull it....

Now while you might think my rant is about the 40 lazy folks hitching a free ride for no reason other than wanting the government to take care of them, but it ain't.

What I'm sick to death of is having a lier in chief that continues to tell me how bad and evil the folks left pulling the wagon are.... How THEY need to give just a little more.

Well KMA OBummer, enough is enough.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LW
10-11-2013, 06:54 AM
I agree with you in a way. My frustration is more toward the american public. This problem existed before the current president came into office. He has just put the whole "Captain and LW need to give more" twist on it. We as a public allowed this to happen by allowing the other 40 to jump in the wagon. We also elected the president. We are outnumbered, we are screwed. Continue deer hunting.

Captain
10-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Very much so LW. I totally agree and I am not putting the blame on him for all the folks in the wagon. As I said this has happened over the past 100 years.
What pulls my short hairs is him making out that those productive folks still working, creating jobs, And driving this country are to him evil cause they need to give MORE!
What we need is a president that says we are gonna get a bunch of the folks out of the wagon that don't need to be there.

LW
10-11-2013, 07:08 AM
I just wanna pull one wagon.

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2013, 07:21 AM
You had me right up to the Obama diatribe. Look, I'm no fan. But, for some unknown reason we've elected him twice. (BTW, Clinton told a bunch of folks to get off the wagon and even balanced the budget and we all hated him just as much.)

Captain
10-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Because he did a good job of getting all the folks getting the free ride in the wagon out to vote.
Basically he's a hell of a speech maker.
But it comes down to if you could vote yourself a raise at work you would get one every time.
The amount of folks sucking off the government tit now is close to the amount that are still producing and filling that tit. AND the folks suckling that tit have learned they can vote themselves a raise.

HideHunter
10-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Because he did a good job of getting all the folks getting the free ride in the wagon out to vote.

and I hear that "we elected him twice" thing all the time.. *we* keep "forgetting" that part.

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm still in time out from this shit.

It's time to get the weekend started. Just as soon as this 8 hours of work is out of the way anyways.

BKB

Penguin
10-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Larke I agree wholeheartedly that we have FAR too many folks riding instead of pulling. But I've a feeling that there is a vast difference in who we feel is getting the free ride. There are one hell of a lot of folks who flatter themselves as 'job creators' and 'titans of capitalism' who are nothing more than rent seeking parasites. There are a lot of folks on the wagon but they don't all weigh the same. Pulling a few sorry asses who game SS or disability is not the same as pulling a few billion dollar enterprises who shield themselves from competition and lard up on government subsidies.

If you get past the flim-flam about being competitive on a global scale there are a few areas that almost guarantee that US made products are more costly than those of our trading partners. Those areas happen to be education, housing, and healthcare. We pay more for like products in these areas than anywhere in the civilized world. Because these foundations of what we used to call the 'middle class lifestyle' are so extravagantly overpriced here at home it is almost impossible to be competitive on a global scale without having a much lower standard of living.

There is an acronym for the separate economy these folks have carved out for themselves, it is called the FIRE economy (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate). It has recently been expanded to include Medicine and Military. Call it the FIREMM economy. These sectors have gotten themselves so firmly entrenched through influence peddling that they are almost beyond reach now. What these sectors make compared to the rest of the world is like comparing my Silverado to a 797 Cat mining truck. These guys don't have true competition, they are draining the economy, and we won't arrest the free fall in the standard of living for the middle class until they are brought to a short leash.

Like I said, not all free riders weigh the same. We can pitch all the scrawny, underfed, irresponsible single mothers we want off the wagon and it will make no difference at all if we allow the 900 pound monopolies to stay perched in it. We simply cannot afford to baby them any longer.

Will

PS: I hope you knock a big one down today buddy.

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Thought you chided me often for " head in the sand"??????

Oh well.

My addition to the wagon analogy is that every single one of the 100 involved have NO CHOICE but to be around that wagon somehow. They can buy the horses, or pull the wagon, or ride in it, but they can't go buy a horse of their own and ride it. They can't be trusted to do that. Some big group of people, and I use that term loosely, decided that everyone would ride in this one wagon because, by Gum, they know more than any one person does. They believe themselves to be altruistic, and organizational. All they are is a big bully, and a dumb one at that.

And even if you don't buy that addition to the analogy, the danged wagon is broken, the wheels don't work, no one packed the bearings in ages (I had to throw that one in), and the steering is cracked. Yet these 100 hang on to that wagon like it was gold.

And somehow, if I watch enough news about the wagon, or talk about it enough (dialogue, they call it), or volunteer at the wagon repair center, then all will be ok some magic way.

B/S and a biscuit on all of it!!!!

LJ3
10-11-2013, 12:19 PM
What the wagon needs is some classic Cragar SS rims.

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 12:21 PM
NEAT.

YOU pay for 'em, you employed son of a gun, you! :)

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 12:43 PM
What the wagon needs is some classic Cragar SS rims.

and some Hollywood pipes.

BKB

Penguin
10-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Hmmmmm.

Well if you dudes can crank out the 'argh' worthy metaphors so can I. The first thing this wagon needs is to get a map or a GPS... we took a wrong turn decades ago and need to figure out where we are going.

Will

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 01:38 PM
You always win. Dang.

I hate smart guys.

(Course, they are NEVER in the Gummint's employ, are they?)

Penguin
10-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Lol, sometimes.

In my case I'm not a federal government employee but I do my work at one of their labs. Try explaining to an auto manufacturer why you are shutting down his project when he is still paying the bills. He owns the project and pays me but he doesn't own the facilities. A tangled web. :)

Will

hotshot
10-11-2013, 03:10 PM
I'll add those wagon riders sure have a lot of kids!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 03:18 PM
And some of us, like Bucky, ride the short wagon.

BKB

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Now all I've done is deride and chide you, and a bit of fun poking at your silliness, and you turn on me like a rat on cheese.

Geez.

P.S.
Since we can't beat the Old Ball Coach tomorrow, GO SOONERS.........I love Texas to lose.