PDA

View Full Version : Persimmons are all coming up spoons this year

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Every stinking one of 'em.

Better make sure to keep the brass donkeys in the front pasture.

BKB

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Most old farmers I know are broke.

The young ones are pretty rich though. Is there a "Young Farmers Almanac"???

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 09:57 AM
I had an acquaintance a long time ago that owned a rice farm in SE Arkansas near Stuttgart. He wasn't good enough of a friend to invite me to come duck hunting so he never made it out of the acquaintance category. But he made a lot of money, most of it from the way he talked, from the government. Farmers are one of our worse welfare failures in this country. and it's all been done in the name of keeping grocery prices low in the stores, which is a direct electoral issue. So we've created this problem and I don't think anyone knows how to fix it without it resulting in a revolution at the polls.
But anyway, yeah I knew one rich Arkansas gentleman farmer.

BKB

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 10:09 AM
It wasn't his daughter that I married, trust me.

And I agree. But why should the government get OUT of that area, and INTO so many others, and that's fine? They screw up EVERY area they get into. Every exemption and deduction in the entire Tax Code is done in the name of Social Engineering, is it not? I can't think of one such exemption or deduction or exception that is fiscally based. It encourages marriage, having kids, running up HUGE medical bills, borrowing money for a house, and farming.

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure if I'd use the word social engineering as much as I'd say its because people think if the government gives it to them that it's free. Poor folks aren't the only ones that are on the government tit was my point. There's welfare all over the place. And like you said, if we just had a flat tax and no exemptions then they'd conceiveable have all of this money left over and they wouldn't need deductions. But you know if that happened the government would say 'Let's pay down the debt first and THEN you'll get yours back'.

As if.

BKB

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 10:40 AM
But they could do both............easily.

and it's ME that wants money left over. I am the government. Not "Them". There ain't no "them" or shouldn't be. I want my money. I know more how to spend it than the "them's" do. They be's bad at it. No, wait. I'm bad at it. But they are immoral, inefficient, corrupt, lazy, stupid, AND greedy.